• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1996 efi in a 1996 ranger

bluto43

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
302 5.0
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys i am tring to put a 1996 efi explorer engine in my 1996 ford ranger splash that was a 4 cylinder and the question i have is.Will the 42 pin connector that goes to the ranger just plug and play with the 42 pin connector from the explorer harness and also what do i do with the transmission plug because i am using a c-4.If any of you guys can help i would appreciate it.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Welcome to TRS~!

If you haven't already done so, try posting this in the engine swap forum since most of the gurus that hang out there don't usually check the introduction forum...but you may get an answer here anyways...always better to try the direct approach...:)

bluto43

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
302 5.0
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the heads up.I am new at this.:icon_thumby:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
No problem...just trying to help anyone new here...makes it more enjoyable...

But, offhand, if you're trying to connect a 4 banger computer to a 6 or 8 cylinder setup it likely won't match...from what I've read anyways...the connectors may be the same but usually the pins are configured differently for various engines...even 4 banger to 4 banger requires some mods on the pinouts...again, from what I've read only...someone who's done a similar swap will definitely provide more accurate feedback...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals