• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Do not order the following shocks from 4 wheel parts!!!

jeremysdad

ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

jeremysdad

ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Still waiting for the magic. So far, it is my fault their catalog is (blatantly) wrong, so... I will officially order elsewhere, henceforth.

Now, you're on blast. Go ahead, spam this email again. It's my 2008 email Addy. :) lol---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mar 2, 2015 5:59 PM
Subject: Re: Contact 4 Wheel Parts - Customer Service
To: <customerservice@4wheelparts.com>
Cc:

Richard,

I was dealing with Vickie on the phone support earlier, but didn't really reach a satisfactory resolution. Instead of retyping everything, I am pasting the body of my llast email to her, to which I have received no response. The truck is factory stock, per my words below. I did partially install them, but haven't driven on them, so I feel that being denied an exchange because I attempted to install a part that was incorrectly sent to me due to a catalog error is an inappropriate resolution, especially since this part has a Lifetime warranty from the manufacturer, so you would be out no money as a company other than whatever I was planning to spend with you in the future.

"Vickie,

Upon doing more research into this matter, several other sites (including Summit Racing) do in fact list part #926500 as the correct shock for a 93 Ranger 4x4 4.0 with 0-2" of lift. I crosschecked the part number on my leaf springs, and they are, in fact, original to the truck. The lift blocks are, as well. Every 4x4 Ranger that came off the line had 2" blocks installed from the factory.

Your catalog is incorrect, apparently.

From Advance Auto, Stock shock for a 2wd Ranger Gabriel Sensa Trac 37013 (ext L 23"; comp L: 14.375"): http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/monroe-sensa-trac-light-truck-shock-absorber-37013/19710470-P?navigationPath=L1*14921|L2*15010#fragment-2

Stock shock for 4wd Gabriel Sensatrac 37014 (ext L 26.375"; comp L 16"): http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/monroe-sensa-trac-light-truck-shock-absorber-37014/19710471-P?navigationPath=L1*14921|L2*15010#fragment-2

Note how under 'Specifications', the shock you list 922508 matches the specs for Gabriels 37013, which is for a 2wd. The 926500 matches Gabriels 37014, which is the stock replacement for a 4wd.

Again, your catalog is incorrect, and this is not my fault. I trust that you guys will make this right, and just do an even exchange.

Regards,

Shawn Roberts"

Thanks,

Shawn Roberts

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 5:46 PM, <customerservice@4wheelparts.com> wrote:
Hello,

The shocks that you were sent are the correct shocks for your vehicle. Do you have a lift kit?

Thank You

richardm@4wp.com
Customer Service
400W. Artesia Blvd.
Compton, CA

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, March 1, 2015 1:09am
To: customerservice@4wheelparts.com
Subject: Contact 4 Wheel Parts - Customer Service

I ordered a set of Procomp ES9000 shocks for our 1993 Ford Ranger 4wd Regular Cab. Received order, no problems there. However...from what my husband has found on the internet...the rear shocks were not appropriate. He thinks they were for a 2 wd. Part number 922518 is not a ranger shock... With 200 lbs in the bed of the truck, the passenger side shock didn't even have to be compressed to install it. Please make it right. :)

jeremysdad

ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
For the record... The order was read back to me, up to and including the fact that they were ordered for a 4wd.

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Good luck...dealing with a few 4x4 parts suppliers lately has brought to the conclusion that customer service is doomed... Bronco Graveyard, Auburn Gear, and Yukon have all been pretty crappy to me the few times I have called.

jeremysdad

ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Follow up, as promised, to date:

"Thank you for your time in this matter. I am ready to ship them as soon as tomorrow morning, so you can send the label at your convenience.

I will be following up with great reviews and recommendations in the forums that I frequent. Thank you so much for helping to restore my faith that good customer service still exists!

Regards,
Shawn Roberts

On Mar 10, 2015 12:55 PM, <customerservice@4wheelparts.com> wrote:
Hello,

When you are ready to ship please email me so that I may send you shipping label to return he rears for the 926500 you want.

Thank You

richardm@4wp.com
Customer Service
400W. Artesia Blvd.
Compton, CA
"

Still waiting...for some...semblance of faith in humanity! :D lol Still no label. I do have a local store that I could visit! :)

Dune Runner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999 4.0
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I had a set of those on the front of my Jeep truck. Broke both shock mounts right off the axle. Stiff does not come close to describing these. The 3000s work much nicer.

jeremysdad

ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I had a set of those on the front of my Jeep truck. Broke both shock mounts right off the axle. Stiff does not come close to describing these. The 3000s work much nicer.
I fail to see how a Comanche and a Ranger are the same thing.

Anyway...

As of yesterday, received shipping label. As of today, the package has been shipped.

Ball is in their court, atm.

I will add, for those that run them...

Once you put a shock boot on an eye-mounted (as opposed to stud top, like the front of a Ranger)...they're not coming back off...at least, not without damaging said shock boot.

Yes...there is a lesson here.

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
I ordered Pro Comp ES9000's for my previous Sport Trac and they were missing a number of bolts and small parts as well as one being defective out of the box. 4 Wheel Parts gave me a refund and I bought Sensa Tracs.

jeremysdad

ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
This has been resolved. It took forever (imho), but I got a ship notification for the new replacements Monday of this week, received the correct part number 926500 shocks yesterday, and just now finished installing them.

This thread can be closed.

:)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals