• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Pa system without sirens

pSycHOarsOnisT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Im looking for a pa system for my truck. All i can find is the cb with pa function at 4 wattswhich ive been told are very quiet, or sirens with pa that put out 100 watts... Ive already checked with local police and sirens in non emergency vehicles are illegal. Is there anywhere i can buy a pa without sirens that puts out around 100 watts?

Last edited:

Lil-Pony

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Take a Guess
Engine Size
2.8 soon to be 4bt
Transmission
Automatic
It is not illegal to own a siren its illegal to use a siren on a non emergency vehicle.

pSycHOarsOnisT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
It is not illegal to own a siren its illegal to use a siren on a non emergency vehicle.
According to the constable at my local RCMP station its not illegal to own, but it cannot be installed in a non emergency vehicle. Im Just going by what they told me

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Perhaps you could use the pa output on your cb and feed it into a radio amp. Don't know if impedence matching would be a problem or not, I've never played with one. First thing that came to mind.

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
According to the constable at my local RCMP station its not illegal to own, but it cannot be installed in a non emergency vehicle. Im Just going by what they told me
The RCMP are not lawyers. They do not know the laws as well as one might think.

One thing they are particularly bad for is guns - I know a guy who got pulled over and detained for like 2 hours because he had a few shotguns sitting in the back of his jeep, and a trucker driving beside him called the cops. He had a few shotguns because he was on his way home from training a shotgun safety course at the Justice Institute in New West -he was still wearing his work shirt even. Still took nearly 2 hours for him to convince the cops he wasn't doing anything wrong. (Btw, law in Canada says to transport a gun, it has to be unloaded. That is the only restriction. Doesn't have to be out of sight, or in a case, or anything. Just unloaded)

Go look up the Motor Vehicle Act and find out for yourself what it says about sirens. Google should be able to find it no problem.

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Being that you are from Texas, I dont think you can accurately make that statement in reference to the OP.

Laws change from state-to-state, nevermind country to country lol

Lil-Pony

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Take a Guess
Engine Size
2.8 soon to be 4bt
Transmission
Automatic
Being that you are from Texas, I dont think you can accurately make that statement in reference to the OP.

Laws change from state-to-state, nevermind country to country lol
That's true I'm just saying is that I know it is illegal to use on a non emergency vehicle

pSycHOarsOnisT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
For me id rather be safe than sorry, but with regards to guns...

Last year i was still on me N stage of my drivers license. (For those of you outside bc one of the restrictions is not using an electronic device while driving) i was on my way to school and got pulled over, the officer asked for the usual documents, and went to his cruiser. He never told me why i was pulled over but he said that he noticed my ipod sitting on my passengers seat, and that i could get a ticket for having it there. Apparently it is "intent to use".

What i find funny is that a week later i went to my gun club, while i was there my case broke and i had to drive back with my rifle sitting in my passengers seat in full view(right where my ipod was) about half way home there was a check stop. The officer asked where i was going and coming from and if i had had anything to drink. Before he said i could go he said that he liked my rifle and have a nice day.

Like Surrey said my rifle only has to be unload when transporting it, also i was 17 at the time and had my minors firearms license.

I kove how police flip about an ipod on my seat and not a rifle... Ipod=intent to use, rifle=nothing unusual :icon_confused:

Tecnico

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
My credo
who cares !
Im looking for a pa system for my truck. All i can find is the cb with pa function at 4 wattswhich ive been told are very quiet, or sirens with pa that put out 100 watts... Ive already checked with local police and sirens in non emergency vehicles are illegal. Is there anywhere i can buy a pa without sirens that puts out around 100 watts?
Not a 100 watts but 80 watts is close :D
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PA105-80-Watt-Microphone-AC-DC-12-Volt-PA-Amplifier-70V-Output-Mic-Talk-Over-/400426039623?pt=US_Home_Audio_Amplifiers_Preamps&hash=item5d3b407947

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
I have a PA system on my truck. I use the PA function on my CB radio and it is plenty loud. The speaker makes all the difference. I originally used a couple crappy car audio speakers from Walmart (didn't care about them getting wet) and you could barely hear anything at all. Then my dad found me a huge 8" bullhorn speaker. It is much louder and clearer. The only problem was finding a place to discreetly mount it. Back when I had it in the Explorer, it was right behind the front bumper, right before the passenger front wheel. Now it's in my Ranger, right behind the front license plate.

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Isn't behind the license plate a bad spot, because the plate will muffle the sound? Also might have reflecting sound waves cancelling out out-going soundwaves? Although I guess its hard to mount a 8" horn discretely... lol

pSycHOarsOnisT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Ok well after my experiance today, ive decided to get a cb with pa output and get an amp for it if its too quiet. Thanks for the input guys

So i picked up a cb and speaker today... Tried it out and was extremely quiet, anyone know if i could just use a cheap car amp off craigslist of something to run a better speaker?

Nevermind... Im just being stupid, forgot about the volume knob... But now im getting a lot of squealing from the speaker at higher volume any help?

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals