• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Amazingly, only one Canadian

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
NHL team made the playoffs this year...:bawling: not the Leafs :bawling:

They were doing so well until their last losing streak...

Should be a good playoff and I don't really have any favourites picked...anybody want to make some claims as to who will win the Stanley Cup this year?

I am going to predict...Montreal VS NY Rangers in the Eastern final...

And going with the underdog Dallas VS Anaheim in the West...

But Montreal and Anaheim in the final...:popcorn:

ab_slack

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
I thought all the teams made the playoffs in Hockey.

ianyboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 L
Transmission
Automatic
I vote Mtl Canadians! Eliminated in round 1. Im from Québec City, and I totally ****ing hate that team. Where are the flames at when you need 'em

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I predict the cup will be won by guys wearing skates and knocking pucks around with sticks.

armadillon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I live in Texas much more southerer than Dallas. What is hockey?

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I thought all the teams made the playoffs in Hockey.
I think they do in minor leagues, but the NHL only allows the top 8 teams from each conference...and they just introduced a Wild Card series like Baseball and possibly other sports have been doing for years...

I vote Mtl Canadians! Eliminated in round 1. Im from Québec City, and I totally ****ing hate that team. Where are the flames at when you need 'em
I don't actually like the Habs myself but...they are Canadian and they did play very well this year.

I predict the cup will be won by guys wearing skates and knocking pucks around with sticks.
:icon_rofl:

Some of them wear garter belts under their pants...

I live in Texas much more southerer than Dallas. What is hockey?
Ah, hockey...think of a cow pasture with plenty of droppings and you want to whack a few of them...so you find a stick suitable to do so...then you decide that it would be challenging to try to be more accurate with the whacking so you get near a gate in the fence that has posts about 6' wide and you stand back with your stick and try to get the ploppings (not the cow pies but the firmer, rounder ones) between the posts.

Now, say you're out with a friend who sees you doing this and decides that it would be fun to try to stop those ploppings from getting between the posts...so he or she plays Goalie. Your friend is pretty good at stopping the ploppings from entering the "net" so you change your stick a bit...add a blade and curve the blade a bit to make your shots harder to read.

You start "scoring" more often with your new stick so your goalie friend decides to improve his defensive a bit and gets his own stick...and a glove...and starts wearing magazines on his shins because some of those ploppings are pretty dang hard...

Then one night a bunch of your friends show up and find themselves some sticks...so you erect another "net" and find another goalie suitably equipped with magazines, stick and gloves and you have a game...but you don't know what to call it other than "fun".

A few errant shots find their way into the crotches of the two goalies causing both a delay in the game and some rather strange bruises of the "goalie jewels", at which point the goalie falls down and starts rolling around in pain and moaning and saying "ahaaaaaaaa keeeeeee"...repeatedly...kind of a catchy name...so it sticks.

A guy named Jock Strap sees this and invents a protective cup for the goalie jewels and...you start playing in tournaments around the county for the coveted Jock Strap Cup...as he only made one before moving on to other things and nobody bothered to try to duplicate it for others...until the cup is actually won, there are many opportunities for goalies to cry out in pain "ahaaaaaaa keeeeee" until the next season when the cup gets passed on to the new champs.

That, essentially, is field hockey...we started doing it in Canada on ice because the fields were full of frozen cow pies that were very hard and caused may sprained ankles....and the ice was smoother...albeit often covered with snow...so we invented the Zamboni and Skates to make the game more interesting and give the players a beer break during the Zamboni ice cleaning...which was extended to 20 minutes regardless of the amount of snow due to the players wanting more beer :)

Last edited:

armadillon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
You have no idea how much pleasure that was to read :) I must try ahaaaa keeee!

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

cvar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Mark, that was brilliant! :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I suppose this should be updated, now there are no Canadian teams left in the play-offs, funny thing though is that it seems most of the players are Canadian.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
So was I right?

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I suppose this should be updated, now there are no Canadian teams left in the play-offs, funny thing though is that it seems most of the players are Canadian.
All the good ones...that is...haha...

So was I right?
As per usual...:icon_thumby:

I was wrong about the finals...eh! But look who beat out Anaheim...LA...and Montreal almost made it through NY...if they didn't crash the goalie and injure him...I would have been correct...

Ah, well, I think TRS should throw themselves behind the Ranger(s)...but LA will take it in 5...6 at the most...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals