• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Fix for rubbing brake lines?

Insanejughead

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94, '86
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3T
Transmission
Manual
Hey all, I'm really curious on what some of you have done to stop your flexible brake lines from rubbing your dropped I-beams up front on your rangers?

I dropped mine in April last year and in Dec '08 I swapped out my DJM beams for some Belltechs. Lately I've had my brakes become intermittent on me and I finally found out why.

My brake lines are being slowly wore down to nothing from them rubbing the beam on bumps and turns. I replaced them last night, but I don't want to have to do this again in a year...

Any help on this safety issue would be great!

(Figured I'd post this in the other proper section as well.)

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
re

not sure how your arms and all look but where do your lines run? and have you considered using stainless steel lines, they make your brakes more firm for racing applications by reducing flex in the lines and make your brakes grabby, you can also slip steel spring material around your rubberized lines for anti flex and protection and id also consider rerouting your lines to non pinch point say from the caliper to the the hub and the then to the backside of the upper suspension arm to the inside of the fenderwell just give it some slack to move when turning the wheel left and right and make it to where the line flexes away from the ball joint. you may also consider (if 2wd) to running the line from the caliper to in between the suspension arms (from the inside of the spindle hub to the lower a arm then across to the frame then up it to where it needs to go. im not familiar w/ the setup your using or if your your ranger is using a single beam suspension or dual a arm like im talking about bu those are merely suggestions. hope i helped...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals