• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Mountaineer seats ranger

Afranco

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Anyone got any good ideas on leveling the seat

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
Can you not just put a spacer between the track and the carpet?

Afranco

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thats what i was thinking i will have to ovalize the front seat rail hole to accomidate the lift from the spacer but i didnt know if anyone had any other ideas

Afranco

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
So leveling the seat i put four big washers in between the seat and the rails. if i keep it this way i will have to go get new bolts cause there barly in maybe four threads. and i put four big washers under the rail to floor in the back sides of the rail couldnt put any in the front of the rail cause then i wouldnt be able to bolt it down. i think its a ranger thing to lean towards the door casue my other rangers r the same way. Im thinking i might have to bring it to the welder or wait until i get a welder and just extend the feet on the rails..

Last edited:

Afranco

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Update i took the spacers out from the rail to the floor seams good im not sliding to the door it sure is nice still have the auto slide up think im gona go back to the yard and get the passenger side from that ranger to so i can have the auto slide up with u pull the tilt lever i also found a manual rail from a 98 explorer and grabbed it yesterday but it is identical to the 97 minus the auto slide so ud still only be able to have 3 bolts in after drilling out the holes so off to the salvage yard i go

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals