• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

04 3.0l valve spring installed height and pressures

MdntRanger50

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91, 95, 98, 99,
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l - 5.0l
Transmission
Automatic
I purchased a set of reman heads with all hardened exhaust seats installed. They reused all the stock valves and springs. Intake valves look good, but the margin left on the exhaust valves are kind of on the thin side. I took them apart to inspect the hardened exhaust seat work and to measure the installed spring heights and test the springs at those heights. From my research I found the spec is suppose to be 1.600 installed height at 68lbs of seat pressure and 205 open at .420 lift, not sure if this is correct or not. I've got 1.610 to 1.630 installed height at 57 to 63 lbs on the seat and 189 at .420 lift. I can shim the springs to get closer to spec if the specs I have are correct. Does anyone know for sure what the correct specs are suppose to be? These are F6DE GC heads with tapered springs.

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
these are not even close to performance engines. I would check for coil bind and call it good.

MdntRanger50

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91, 95, 98, 99,
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l - 5.0l
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for all of your help. Looks like I will be going back to the v8 section. Too bad RPS shut down, I was a member there from the early days. I have 3 v8 rangers. One supercharged and I was turbo charging the other one but all of my builds info is gonna now, it was all on RPS. I am the original designer and maker of the clutch line adapter when everyone was looking for a better way to do a hydraulic clutch setup on the T5 for v8 swap into rangers. I designed that adapter back in 01 when I was in machinist school. Never got a patent on it and now several other companies make it. I've been out of the car scene for a few years now but getting back into again. Oh well, things changed a lot since I was gone.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals