• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Help!!! No blinkers!!

09RangerMike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Have no clue what happened to my turn signals. They were working fine went to the store shut the truck off and came back started it back up and leaving the parking lot i noticed they werent displayed on the dash and i didnt hear them. The weird thing is my hazards still work and come up on the dash. Thought it might have been the relay so i tested it and it seemed bad so i replaced it and still nothing. Does anyone know what else might be causing this? I have a 2009 ford ranger XLT 4x4 4.0L v6.

09RangerMike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Any idea how to go about replacing that? Or is it just something that need tweaking? I appreciate the help.

1996xlt

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/PartDetail.aspx?n=kUaRCE0ltR5/SMx9P9xmgA==&id=352566256&m=2&search=true&year=2009&make=Ford&model=Ranger

See above link for reference looking at the exploded view drawing, part 13K359 is the multi-function switch (aka turn signal switch.) In order to get to it you'll need a phillips head screwdriver to take three screws out of the bottom and remove the tilt adjustment knob. Then the top and bottom trim pieces should be gently pried apart exposing the steering column's guts. Two torx head screws (star-like allen-headed screw) don't recall the size but they're fairly small, remove them, unplug the connectors. Install new part, replace torx fastners, reconnect harnesses, reinstall tilt adjuster, trim and screws.

Last edited:

09RangerMike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thank you guys for the help and quick response. I ordered the new multifunction switch and already have half of it taken apart already since i did the relay. Ill let you all know how everything goes in a couple days.

09RangerMike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry it took so long to respond but after changing out the multifunction switch and the relay turn signal still didnt work. So i went back double checked all bulbs and the fuses and what do ya know... There was a blown 10a fuse. Swapped it with a new ine and everything works now. I appreciate the help from everyone. Sorry for wasting your time.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals