• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

DLC fuse position on 99 Ranger needed

Rangstang

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If it ain't broke, I can't fix it.
PROBLEM SOLVED. FOUND AN OWNER'S MANUAL ONLINE FOR A 2001 RANGER WHICH SHOWS IT IN POSITION 17 (SHARED WITH THE CIG LIGHTER).

I just bought a 99 Ranger 3.0 2WD and hooked up my OBD tester to the DLC and unit didn't power on. No owners manual for the truck, so I looked online and found position "5" to be the most common position. Problem is that this truck has no capacity for a fuse in that position because it's only got one wire rather than two in "5". Look closely in the front and you'll see there is no contact either. Besides the fact that the wire to that position is pretty heavy gauge, so it's unlikely that it would be for the DLC and use only a 10A fuse. Looking at the back of the panel, you can see that there isn't a contact that's been pushed back out of the fuse block either. Looks like it was never intended to house a fuse in position "5" to me.

Can anyone out there help me please?

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals