• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

B2 brake issues

B2Guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Tonight after doing a little bit of wheeling I noticed on my way home my brake pedal is feeling a bit spungy... its got a brand new master cylinder, rear shoes, front pads and calipers. I havent checked any fluid levels or lines yet. I just wanted to see if anyone has any ideas so I can get a list of things to check.

any help would be much appreciated! thanks!

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Check lines and fluid first. A spongy pedal usually means air in the system or something else causing too much travel.

Also check your rear brakes. If the auto adjusters have seized up the rear may be out of adjustment now.

B2Guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yea, ill do that tomorrow. i have a short day at work so hopefully I can get something figured out. thanks!

B2Guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
well, pulled the rear wheels and drums off. found out that my brake shoe adjuster on my driver side decided to free itself from its home and tumble around in the drum. its all bent up, no saving it so off to pull a part tomorrow morning.

Then decided to pull my front wheels, checked out the pads. low real low. replaced them. Checked fluid level, it was a little low so then i bled the brakes, topped it off with fluid. It's a little better but still not where I like it. still a bit spongy. if its the master cylinder it will be the 3rd one in about 4 months. Good thing I got the one with the lifetime warantee...

any suggestions anyone?

larrybjr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
When you stated you had bought a master cylinder with a lifetime warranty I would suspect your purchased this from auto zone. With it being from Auto Zone I would then go on to assume that it is a Fenco Brand Master Cylinder. Was it a ReMan or a New Master Cylinder. On some of the Fencos it seems there was a bad run of Remans not saying this is gospel but this is what I was told. Ok what I would do if you purchased a reman is have the store swap the Reman for a new one. (Assuming your purchased it from Auto Zone) AZ part # (NM2203) If the store manager has a brain in his head he will do so to keep you as a good customer. Its not normal to be swapping out a master cylinder that many times. Hope this Helps.

Larry B

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals