• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Roof Rack and Light Placement

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
So I am the owner of 4 procomp explorer 6 in(maybe 5 in?, spot light lenses) lights, 4 slimline ebay lights(bright as can be, fluted lenses), and two rectangular fog lights(will be mounted on rear).

that being said i need options to mount them, i will have two on the bumper for sure and the two rectangle ones on the rear. what are my other options. i will not use the light bar that mounts to the drip rail, not my style. thinking two on the bumper, two on the cowl, and 4 on the roof rack(but the roof is thin, and i don't wanna have to resupport it). what do yall guys think.

this is the roof rack
http://www.surcoinc.com/R-BR_SR5.html

this is the bumper similar to this
http://www.modernparts.com/userdocs/products/EXP/f-150lightbar.jpg

if i use the roof rack, what sizes are the ones on most b2's? mine is a 50x60.. way to huge

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
kolton's idea may come into play here once he gets pics up of the cowl mounted lights

b2rich

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
whats an engine?
Transmission
Automatic
just courious. why not use the light adapter kit that they have for it. it mounts to the rack?
i do like that rack. how did you mount it?

Last edited:

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
the roof rack aint mounted yet, i'm debating on if i wanna use it or not. i think i will like the look but the roof is so thin.
the supports on the roof have already been jacked and glued once... so... idk?
if i mount the roof rack i will mount the 4 slimlines up there and the 2 rectangle lights on the rear of the rack. i bought it all used together. i'm still debating on the rack..

Last edited:

kolton

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The roof is also fairly high even with a 4in lift. I had a light bar up there when I first started and it got ripped off on a really tight trail. It was worth it though :)

If you make a roof rack, make sure its more of just a cradle and some guides that you can strap things down to, instead of a bucket that holds things in. I built one for a friends XJ. Ill get some pics for ya, he has 4 rectangle walmart lights on the front and 2 mini lights at the corners on the rear.

If you attach the rack to the drip rails, its really the way to go... I didn't like it either, but if you tear it off, its easier to replace

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
try to dig up some pics.. i'm actually working on a post about my b2 right now lol, i've had 5 ppl in a week to wanting to see more of mine so...

i just don't like the look of a drip rail mount. i understand what you are saying, but i'm gonna keep looking before i go that route

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals