• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2002 head gasket change problem?

Chingadera

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Im doing a head gasket on a 2002 ranger 4cyl. I cant get the front engine cover off? Are there bolts behind the fan pulley holding it on? I can seem to find anymore holding it. Also I cant seem to get the fan pulley off. Is it screwed on or pressed on. I tried a puller with no luck. Looks pressed on though.:icon_confused:

orangealpine

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Im doing a head gasket on a 2002 ranger 4cyl. I cant get the front engine cover off? Are there bolts behind the fan pulley holding it on? I can seem to find anymore holding it. Also I cant seem to get the fan pulley off. Is it screwed on or pressed on. I tried a puller with no luck. Looks pressed on though.:icon_confused:
I took my pulley off. What a MFer! Ended up cutting it about 95% of the way, and then pryed it off. It is pressed on, but man, is it tight. 'Bout dove me crazy trying to determine what the thread in the shaft was, can't remember the size, but its a good 'ole SAE! Either 5/16" or 3/8".

No bolts under the pulley. I have not had the cover off, so can't tell you the secret.

Bill

rollinglowrange

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Automatic
Hey man I'm looking to remove my head on my 02. What did u use to hold the crank pully

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals