• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

4cyl 2.3l ranger upgrades

flaminranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I don't know about 17 lbs injectors but 5.o mustangs and a lot of trucks have 19lbs injectors.
I can't remember what color the injector tops are for 19lbs I think they are tan on top 24lbs are light blue and 30 lbs are red.
You can go to the autoparts store and see if they have any ford 19lb injectors to see the color.

red85

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
306 ci
Transmission
Automatic
I don't know about 17 lbs injectors but 5.o mustangs and a lot of trucks have 19lbs injectors.
I can't remember what color the injector tops are for 19lbs I think they are tan on top 24lbs are light blue and 30 lbs are red.
You can go to the autoparts store and see if they have any ford 19lb injectors to see the color.
19# injectors are orange top. 24# are blue. 14# are grey.

Snal

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
swap in a 5.0. problem solved :icon_thumby:

Jesse187

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I'm looking at doing some mods to my 96 2.3l 2wd as well. I was thinking about a pair of those Accel coil packs. Maybe them, an intake, and those 19# injectors? I'm on a tight budget. Want some bang for what little bucks I have. And my ride only has 106,000. Its a baby. lol

three8_doob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
2.3l ranger uprades

I put cold air intake, straight piped the exaust with a flowmaster and blocked off egr valve and got lots mor bottom end but still has hesitation off the line prob need high flow cat but can light em up with 235/75/r15 tires on

debogus

Reaction score
Beauklahoma,peoples republic of Kommiefornia
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
the truck may be old but only has 82000 on it.
Um???
All yours ?
MY 93 dosent have a hundred thou digit on the OD so it only has 40 thou on it according to the smog check guy :thefinger:
But I know that I have turned it over three times and put a used motor/ tranny in it 10 thousand ago .

Last edited:

three8_doob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
this isnt about what you guys are talking about but i have a 1994 ranger 2.3L 2wd and my throttle cable broke i checked all the part stores and the ford dealership and they said they dont make them anymore and was wondering if there is a throttle cable from another vehicle i can use.
thanks in advance

NIPs

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.5L 4Cyl
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
One shot one Kill
a cold air intake is useless, unless u port and polish ur heads, and increase the size of ur exhaust

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Well, even though the original thread was 6 years old there is probably a ton of good information here...but it gets asked quite a bit...haven't had many lately but a few years ago it was asked at least once a week...

I replaced the 2.0 head (not block) and had a shop install a better cam...they also shaved the head and did the valves and I did my own P&P...

It was so peppy and I was extremely happy with the results...until I overheated it and cracked the head...

Then I learned a very valuable lesson about cooling systems and how not to let them go unchecked...

About $2,000 too late...but wow what a difference a cam and a bit of grinding can make...

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals