• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

3.0 performance mods

McCormack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Really? You think the Pinto was a great car? That's pretty scary. Do you also think that Ramblers were good cars? How about Chevy Vegas?

But I guess I don't understand... if you and the other naysayers think that the 3.0 Ranger is so perfect in stock form from the factory, then why do you hang around here on The Ranger Station web site? I mean the main topics of discussion on this site are Ranger owners discussing ways to improve their trucks, so if you think that your Ranger is perfect just the way it is, then why not just enjoy it and quit being a hindrance to those of us that like to tinker with our trucks? Do you like to stir up trouble? Can't you peace out and live and let live and let us have our fun without injecting all your negativity into the discussions?

89PBR96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey 89pbr96? what Mods have you done? yeah am reallly interested in the ford escape throttle body mod.
I have only done the Exhaust removed one Cat and installed two resignaters Started with one then it got to loud so, I put a second one on it. Looking to port the upper intake and do a better air cleaner setup that can handle the Mud life of the truck. Soon the 4.56 gears will help the take off. The truck is a big pooch right now.

Big Jim M

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hmmmm

Really? You think the Pinto was a great car? That's pretty scary. Do you also think that Ramblers were good cars? How about Chevy Vegas?

But I guess I don't understand... if you and the other naysayers think that the 3.0 Ranger is so perfect in stock form from the factory, then why do you hang around here on The Ranger Station web site? I mean the main topics of discussion on this site are Ranger owners discussing ways to improve their trucks, so if you think that your Ranger is perfect just the way it is, then why not just enjoy it and quit being a hindrance to those of us that like to tinker with our trucks? Do you like to stir up trouble? Can't you peace out and live and let live and let us have our fun without injecting all your negativity into the discussions?
Those of us that know and understand automobile mechanice are here to attempt to teach the new guys the TRUTH about engines and such... We don't tell them to take a perfectly good vehicle and chop it all to pieces just to make it run WORSE!
If a guy has a problem that we think we can help with, we do our best to help them out.
When a guy asks about this or that we tell them the TRUTH about what it will do to their ride. And the truth is 6 or 8 horses at 5500 rpm is worthless!!:hottubfun::wub:
Big JIm

McCormack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
From what I've observed the only thing you've been telling people is that their Rangers are perfectly engineered from the factory and that they should just leave them stock. Which once again begs the question, if you think that the 3.0 Ranger is so perfect in stock form from the factory, then why do you hang around here on The Ranger Station web site? I mean the main topics of discussion on this site are Ranger owners discussing ways to improve their trucks, so if you think that your Ranger is perfect just the way it is, then why not just enjoy it and quit being a hindrance to those of us that like to tinker with our trucks? Do you like to stir up trouble? Can't you peace out and live and let live and let us have our fun without injecting all your negativity into the discussions?

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
The best mod I did was the 5.0 swap. I did like the 3.0 but it just did not do what I needed it to do stock so I dropped a 5.0 in.

I give you guys props for putting the time and money into your 3.0's though. :icon_thumby:

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
From what I've observed the only thing you've been telling people is that their Rangers are perfectly engineered from the factory and that they should just leave them stock. Which once again begs the question, if you think that the 3.0 Ranger is so perfect in stock form from the factory, then why do you hang around here on The Ranger Station web site? I mean the main topics of discussion on this site are Ranger owners discussing ways to improve their trucks, so if you think that your Ranger is perfect just the way it is, then why not just enjoy it and quit being a hindrance to those of us that like to tinker with our trucks? Do you like to stir up trouble? Can't you peace out and live and let live and let us have our fun without injecting all your negativity into the discussions?

By informing you that you cannot increase power and efficiency in the ways discussed in this thread, he is attempting to save you time and money. The idea of forums like this one is to allow fellow owners to help eachother. We are trying to do that by letting you that these upgrades are just a waste of money.

If you enjoy wasting time and money on these 'upgrades', feel free. Just take into account they will be worthless.

Froggmann

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0FFV
Transmission
Manual
Several mods have been proven time and time again by real world experience to improve power and fuel economy. Personally, I don't say anything about mods until I've had real world experience with them. The underdrive pulley has been proven to improve power and fuel economy, the e-fan has proven to improve fuel economy as well.

This day and age, fuel economy is very important. If I can help a member or members by recommending modifications that can save them a few dollars at the pump, then I'm helping to save them money. Several members that post here have no real world experience with the modifications they have negative comments about.

ranger450

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Wow

All i asked was what Throttle body from a ford escape?

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
it's about time this thread was revived. the drama was so good I ran out for more popcorn, been holding that big bucket for almost 10 years.

STOCK 3.0s RULE! :stirthepot:

D.j.bluedream

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
it's about time this thread was revived. the drama was so good I ran out for more popcorn, been holding that big bucket for almost 10 years.

I found out some neat stuff I'd could do to mine from reading this. Any gain is good gain imo🤷‍♂️

D.j.bluedream

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual

Was pretty entertaining reading this whole thing at 4 in the morning 🤣🤣

Lil_red_wagon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mercury/Sable
Transmission
Automatic
I don't even own a truck, but I stumbled into this god forsaken forum and read the entire thing. I made an account just to tell you how hilarious/informative I found this thread. God bless you all.

keytimothy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Transmission
Automatic
keep us updated. I have 3.0 in my 92 and like to know about the mods. Once I recover form knee surgery I am going to finish making the cia for it. I have thought about headers as well. I like to mod my vehicles so there's that for everyone else.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals