• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Truck bed sits crooked.. HELP!!

bfro88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I am new to this, so bear with me here. I recently bought a 1996 mazda b3000 as my first car, just to come home and notice the bed is crooked. The left side was about 2 inches lower than the right. I figured it was the leaf springs because the right stack had 4 and the other had 3. Well i went to the junk yard, got some "new" leaf springs, installed them and also did a shackle flip in the process to level it out (painnn in the assss). Anyyyywayyys, it lowered it and it looks a whole lot better. But the problem is, ITS STILL CROOKED!! by two inches.. I am stumped on what to do.. it looks really bad and bothers me every time i see it. Should i flip the left shackle back to how it was to compensate? or is that ghetto af? if it is the bed bushings how do i replace those? can i just slide some washers in there?

Attachments

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The bed is solidly bolted to the frame. The cab is floating on rubber bushings. The bushing probably need replaced. In other words, the cab is crooked not the bed. Or the frame is twisted.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
if the cab bushings were worn, the window and front of the bed wouldn't be parallel, I'm going with frame tweaked, or more likely if it has two sway bars one of them is bent pretty good...

If the frame is tweaked, get a good amount of sand or something in the passenger side of the bed, and jack the truck up from the rear drivers side frame rail at the bumper mount.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Not a really great pic, Bro. Get photos of the bed and the rear window area to see what it looks like. Could be nothing to worry about (frame wise). Might be a bushing issue (a bolt and bushing was removed and no bushing was put back in). Look at all the bed bolts and see if you see something missing or broken or twisted.

bfro88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
if the cab bushings were worn, the window and front of the bed wouldn't be parallel, I'm going with frame tweaked, or more likely if it has two sway bars one of them is bent pretty good...

If the frame is tweaked, get a good amount of sand or something in the passenger side of the bed, and jack the truck up from the rear drivers side frame rail at the bumper mount.
what would putting the sand in the bed do?

bfro88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Not a really great pic, Bro. Get photos of the bed and the rear window area to see what it looks like. Could be nothing to worry about (frame wise). Might be a bushing issue (a bolt and bushing was removed and no bushing was put back in). Look at all the bed bolts and see if you see something missing or broken or twisted.
bed is level at the window. i looked at all the bushings and none are missing and they all seem to be worn the same

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sand is for weight; to add force to trying to straighten the frame.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
look at the back of the truck, there is no where near enough weight in the back of an empty ranger bed to straighten a tweaked frame, you would probably need 4-500lb if I had to guess

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals