• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ford>TOYota

Brandon Nootenboom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
As I was driving into town a while back I saw a 76 F250 with a loaded stock trailer dead the road, I looped back around and offered a hand. I hopped the median (traffic was backed up at least a 1/4 mile cause the sidewalk/median) and pulled in front of his truck some dude with a brand new Toyota Tacoma behind him yells out "Ha good luck with that " I chained up to him via my bumper ball (I don't have a real hitch), put it in 4-low and towed it a good 100 yards up into a empty lot. As the Toyota guy drove past in shame I just grinned. Try that with a Yota :thefinger:

Heavyfire14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
haha nice.

today i saw a toyota on da side of the road with the left front wheel all twisted up under the truck, apperantly one (or both) of the balljoints snapped causing this... the truck looked fairly new too.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Just before dark last night taking the wife to dinner we saw a real nice newer lifted Tocoma 4x4 4 door with 35 inch tires hauling an F250 rockcrawler with 44 inch tires on a huge flatbed trailer on the interstate at 65mph. We were doing 55 (the speed limit at that junction)) and they just passed us at 65 mph. Yoda looking good and pulling some weight. I have friends that have Tacoma's that wheel every weekend and never had a breakdown. I never had any issues with any of my Toyota 4x4 trucks. I used to drive them out to Moab every year at Spring Break. Utah is just super!!! Never left me stranded. Some of my buddies with Rangers break or get stuck real bad once in awhile. I get them out with one of the Jeeps. They never say bad things about my Jeeps or my Toyotas, we all get along.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
Yeah....... Still not paying the price for a used tacoma..... I can buy a fleet of rangers for the price of 1 tacoma

det107

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah....... Still not paying the price for a used tacoma.....
I bought a used 95 Tacoma (2WD) & the frame kept rusting away. I scoured JKs for a used frame, no dice. I sold it to my friend for $500.
I went out & bought another 00 Tacoma (2WD) & that frame started to rust &
holes forming. It then was the Toyota company offered a buy back & got paid very well. I decided to go another route & ended up with the 02 Ranger Edge.
No complaints about the Toyota motor, only just it was like a girl's car inside-

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah....... Still not paying the price for a used tacoma..... I can buy a fleet of rangers for the price of 1 tacoma
I hate the price, but I have considered paying it. Since they don't make a crew cab ranger.

Decided I'll upgrade to a supercrew when the time comes. To hell with Toyota. :thefinger:

Heavyfire14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
here i was lookin at yotas a while back cause there arnt many rangers for sale (cause their such a damn good truck)... they wanted 3500 bux for an '88, so i decided to wait until i found a nice RBV. for 500 bux more i got an '02 b-series.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
If I was buying new I would not hesitate on the price as the global ranger disgusts me. But used........ I paid $7500 for a 96 f350 crewcab dually with a power stroke......... Double that for a 2001 kingcab 4wd with a.v6 and a 5spd tacoma........ A 98 king cab v6 5spd 4wd taco with 200,xxx miles will run the same as what I paid for my dually.

jhammel85

Why do people feel the need to yell stuff out of their car's like that?

bblatch69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah I go ford over Toyota any day. I test drove a brand new taco and hated everything about it. It was a piece of s#it. The ranger imo is a much better truck and it costs less. Absurd don't support buying forign vehicles. (unless its a Mazda) because there owned by ford. I'll never buy a toys though. I don't support communism. Did everyone know that they built most Japanese war vehicles during ww2? If you support that you should leave America. That's just my opinion though.

bblatch69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Tacos are like subaru's only douches and lesbos drive em.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals