• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

UC Davis pepper spray incident

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
now thats not fair. i know people that go to UC Davis that were not a part of this protest, thats the whole reason im part of this debate outside of TRS.
see below

i hope they spray everybody in every city that's at these things. they're all a bunch of lazy idiots.
i know if i had any friends going to these things, i'd be talking shit non stop to them.

I'm not even bashing the protestors, let them protest lawfully. But for people to say that the police were wrong for taking control of the situation just pisses me off. They have a job to do and have to make decisions on how to handle the situation.
i agree. but you're always going to have those people that use the "oh they used too much force" arguement whenever there's an event like this. they either use too much force or not enough force, we the people get to decide after the matter is over whether they were right or wrong. but they have only a split second (sometimes) to make a decesion.

if people wanna sit around and bell ache over it, fine. it'll probably be the same people at the OWS because, well, lets face it, they dont have much else to do while standing around.

dasfinc

October 2011 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I feel it is moronic for the cops to use pepperspray if someone is not assaulting/battering them. They should arrest them, plain and simple.

They arrest them for Trespassing or obstructing justice, or whatever, and let the court sort it out instead of risking blinding someone and getting the city sued, or more bad police press....

This is what is occurring in Chicago. Hundreds of arrests, no one is spraying any peaceful protester with Pepper spray here.

4x4truckstop

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
They all linked arms and sat down, it would be a little hard to arrest a non compliant person sitting down with arms linked together. This is why they pepper sprayed, to disperse the non compliant crowd sitting down with arms linked blocking a walkway.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
They arrest them for Trespassing or obstructing justice, or whatever, and let the court sort it out instead of risking blinding someone and getting the city sued, or more bad police press....
the cops arent risking blinding someone when they use pepper spray, a person who refuses a policemans orders is risking getting blinded when they dont obey the cops.

bruker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Twenty years ago they would have been thumped with a billyclub...

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
some of you fella's are totally missing the point

the (alleged) protesters WANTED TO GET PEPPER SPRAYED. what kind of media coverage would they get for simply complying with orders to cease and disperse????

Perry

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
A few good solid whacks with a nightstick, or a billy club like bruker said, would make someone think twice about being so obnoxious.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals