• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tony Raine's Bronco II

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well, the FI experiment was a failure. Friday afternoon i finished hooking up the wiring, and tried to get the motor to crank. Starter wouldnt spin, and the computer was beeping codes at me. Weighed my options and decided to go back to carb.

So saturday i removed the f150 wiring harness, and put the b2 harness back in. I also removed the intake, and put the carb intake from my old motor on top. Currently price shopping the next parts to get.

I am saving the FI harness and parts, i may want to tinker with it again someday.

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well, after a long break from the internet........... i haven't made much progress. life got busy, and the projects got the back-burner treatment.

the '94 5.0 is in. used a '94 manual trans flywheel and clutch with the older bellhousing that was on the np435. i really hope a stock starter will work with this configuration.

that, and i need to figure out how to get a hydraulic clutch of some kind to work with the old linkage-type bellhousing.

lots of research in my future, but its too dang cold to work on it right now anyway

i did pick up a factory ford aluminum 4 barrel intake from an early 80's mustang for $60

also got a holley 4 barrel for free (think its a 600 or 650), that had an ear broken off the bottom plate. if i can't braze or sil-fos it, i'll just find another plate.

still stripping the f150 for parts to sell/keep. almost time for the rest to go to the scrapper.

hoping to get some work done on it this spring/summer. really getting tired of having a cool rig half-put-together sitting in the back yard.

merch

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Automatic
ive seen,(and done it myself) people have used fj slave cylendars bolted to a piece of angle iron mounted to the bellhousing bolts to disengauge the clutch on the old style trans

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ive seen,(and done it myself) people have used fj slave cylendars bolted to a piece of angle iron mounted to the bellhousing bolts to disengauge the clutch on the old style trans
I am intrigued, please tell me more! Have any pics? What model of fj? Does it hook up to the ford hydraulic line?

merch

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Automatic
I dont have any pics but you can do a little research on older fjs and see the slave cylender,its a side bolt on to the bell houseing,just bolt it to a pice of angle and bolt the angle to the bell housing with the bolts to the block and bam! Its doen.you may or may not have to lengthen the plunger arm depending on how long the throw is on your clutch fork

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Bronco has been on the back burner for quite a while. No progress to report. Hoping to work on it again this spring. Heck, it took me awhile to remember my password on here.

However, I still have it, and will get it going... someday. My 1st son is 5 now, and is learning about tools. When I work on the BII again, he will start helping (with the safer stuff of course). should be fun.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"

rusty7983

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
has any progress been made? i have one i am going to do that is very similar. i bought a parts truck f150 88 model 5 speed 4x4 and want to put its drivetrain into a 86 bronco 2 i bought with a bad trans. whatever is left from my dd sas will go into it. i wish i could do the fw d44 and 9 inch, but i have a bunch of eb stuff, so i will use it on it.

rusty7983

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i live in TN, so i need to keep a/c on it too. been trying to see what people do as far as fitment and bodylifts with 5.0's in these.

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Dug the Bronco out of the weeds yesterday. Haven't worked on it in a few years, decided to at least clean it up a little. lots of time with the shop vac. forgot i don't have a functional transmission mount yet, so i had to get creative with some chain before i could pull it out.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Glad to see the two of you are still kicking around.

What is the yellow car?

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
81 Mustang Ghia, no motor/trans. swapped in the entire front k-member/suspension, and rear suspension/axle, from an '86 SVO mustang. its getting lifted too :D

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
81 Mustang Ghia, no motor/trans. swapped in the entire front k-member/suspension, and rear suspension/axle, from an '86 SVO mustang. its getting lifted too :D
I wondered, I have a soft spot for the old four-eyes.

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
me too. I have seen way too many composite headlight hatchbacks, i love my 4-eye coupe. I'm working on a plan to lift it 2" front and back, some fender trimming, and squeeze some all-terrain tires under it. i am literally sitting next to a decent sized cnc machine right now, so it will be a fun project. why? how about why not :D no cookie-cutter rigs for me :cool:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
me too. I have seen way too many composite headlight hatchbacks, i love my 4-eye coupe. I'm working on a plan to lift it 2" front and back, some fender trimming, and squeeze some all-terrain tires under it. i am literally sitting next to a decent sized cnc machine right now, so it will be a fun project. why? how about why not :D no cookie-cutter rigs for me :cool:
I would love to find a '85 or '86 hatchback, those are my favorite years.

It would not be lifted or have AT tires though. :icon_twisted:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals