• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1991 ranger/mercedes diesel beef up

1991fordranger1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 Mercedes diesel
Transmission
Manual
I have installed everything coils, rear suspension and made my own extended radius arms as of right now the rear end is sitting about 2.5 " higher then the front with the f 150 coils to correct this im going to make an extended shackel for the rear which should make it ride better too... due to all the little changes my location of my tail pipe now gets constantly hit from the move ment of the leaf springs and shackle i hope the extended shackle can help correct this if not zip discs and mr, welder will correct it

if some one would like to see pictures chime in and ill throw some up after i have the extended shackle made up and hope to get all my alignment issues figured out.

i have to say to anyone who hasnt done this yet remove that sway bar and go for a ride cant beat that for some cheap fun!!!

dieseldane

Supporting Member
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B2
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
If it doesn't fit, force it!
If you don't like the carrier bearing on the two piece drive shaft, there are articles in the tech library about doing a one piece driveshaft swap.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I just read your thread so far, great work. I would like to see pics. Your facebook pic link works but the pics are small and hard to see details. Personally I don't like signing in to facebook, If you used a photohosting site and linked directly you could have the pics show up in your thread.
Subbed for the pics, [diesel swap too please]

Richard

1991fordranger1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 Mercedes diesel
Transmission
Manual
I can't run the longer shaft cuz it's not as long as I need as I made a longer front shaft she I did the swap I'll have to make a custom one piece.... What hosting site do you recommend and I'll post all my pictures to it but if you wanna see what I did on the conversion it's in the other conversions part of the engine section under om617 ask questions on there and if I get the hosting site issue solved I can add some more pictures there.

1991fordranger1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 Mercedes diesel
Transmission
Manual
On a stock 91 ranger 2.9 4x4 where does the axel sit from a fixed point I just wanna see if I'm where it needs to be or if I'm to far forward now what is my best steering drop option?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals