• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Newb here Fron Great white north.

Splashed 94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Newb here From Great white north.

Hi all,

Little about myself and the truck;

College student in MFG Engineering, Junior as of time of this post.

I've owned my 94 for about 3 years now, and i love it.
It's a 94 Splash orangish red in color, ext. cab, 4wd, 4.0L, Manual.

Truck is taking the Abuse of its 3rd Sault Ste. Marie MI, winter, this coming winter in 2014.

no real mods quite yet, although the fiberglass front fenders are sitting in the shed waiting for school to be over so i can make my DD my new project truck.
i have however done some minor mods, ex. tires, paint dash, tonneau cover, topper for winter etc.

no performance mods for now, but my exhaust is bad and a new one is on the list, im actually mid-search for a new cat-back setup (on the cheap as im a college student) at the time of this post.

future dream of truck; Full cage, prerunner setup, flying many, many feet above dunes.

looking forward to reading about other rangers and some stuff i can do to mine.

Thanks all
-Dave

Last edited:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Howdy and welcome to TRS~!

Not sure about the MI side of the lake, but on the CA side of things they use much chemicals on the roads in winter...causing much rust on the trucks in summer...

If you are going to do anything to your truck I would suggest the first thing would be to crawl under it and have a good look at the frame, spring perches and spring mounts as well as the body mounts. All this is subjected to the bulk of winter driving damage and can easily be protected and prevented...with a bit of maintenance work.

Some take this to the extreme and blast their frames (I am one of these) with sand or other materials that help get rust out, then carefully tap around with tiny hammers to get the rest of the rust out from around mounts etc. There are a few excellent write ups and build tips that others have written...

Hope you find that useful and a huge time consumer for your project...that will pay off down the road many times over... :icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals