• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

True?

Seabiscuit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
"Your truck DOES have the dash side wiring for the power doors. The easiest way (if possible) would be for you to buy the entire doors and put them on. If not, then buy everything but the shell. You won't have to do any "wiring"...just hooking up harnesses. I would also advise you to get the G.E.M. from behind the radio (it's the black box on the left hand side, that has the door dinger in it), as I believe this is unit varies between power, and non-power vehicles. I'm wanting to do this on my truck, and have been looking into it. When I pulled my dash I noticed a lot of extra wires on the door plugs, and realized it was for the power options... Go for it, and let us know how it turns out."

Is it true manual rangers already have wiring tucked away in a gem box waiting for an upgrade?

alain

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
True. My 94 already the power mirrors and all the wires for the power locks and power windows was already in the cab harness. The only problem i had was that the 12+ wire had no power on it. So, i ran a wire from the fuse panel to it and everything work fine. Didn't change anything else.

Natedog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals