• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ford ranger digital speedometer helpppp

Vlad dragnov

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 cil 2.3l lima 2300 series
Transmission
Manual
Hello there, i have a little issue im trying to figure out a way to convert the analog guages from my (ford ranger 1983 with 2.3 lima 4 cil manual 4 speed trans),....to digital guages or to see if i can possibly hook up a different car guage set to it, any help will be highly appreciated, trying to see if i can hook up fuel ratio, rpm, mph, oil, water all digital or from any other modern car to my ford :icon_hornsup: .....

ps.. i have a ford fusion 2010 speedometer guage set so was wondering if it was possible to hook it up, i might be able to use an arduino to file a code for the diffrent speed ratios etc.. or if u guys know an easier way please comment below :beer::icon_thumby::beer:

below i have my truck's original dash with none working analog guages, and then i uploaded a picture of what i want to do with it i have the aluminum dahs frame just need to know how to connect any digital guage or if i could adapt any other guages from a diffrent car.....

ill be waiting to hear your best recomendations guys thanks,,,

Attachments

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Welcome to TRS :)

2010 Fusion dash is run by a microprocessor so can't be used without Ford EEC-V computer and data buss system, as far as I know.

1983 2.3l Lima should have Carb, distributor and coil, you can get RPM from Coil "-"
You can use a Vacuum Gauge but hard to get real time air/fuel ratio with a Carb, intake vacuum will be as close as you can get
You can switch Senders to get "digital" oil pressure and temp, although some digital/numeric gauges will work with stock senders

For electronic speedometer you need a VSS(vehicle speed sensor) on the drive line.
Depending on transmission model there may be a gear driven VSS available for that, installs in speedometer cable hole in trans.

Ford electronic speedometers are calibrated for 8,000PPM(pulse per minute)
Driven gear, in trans, can be changed to adjust for rear axle ratio and tire size.

If you don't have an 1983 2.3l then please state the engine year and model you do have, and if you are using EEC-IV(1994 and earlier) or EEC-V computer for fuel injection

Last edited:

Vlad dragnov

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 cil 2.3l lima 2300 series
Transmission
Manual
aaaa ok man, alrighty this really is helpfull right to the meat, and yep i gots a holly 600cfm on it,thanks ill try to check out my vss i beleive it is the driven gear cable one ...dude your awesome i found some info on how to hook up the rpm guage, thanks for answering,

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals