• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Gas Monkey Garage

Twisted_Steel

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 HO
Transmission
Automatic
Did anyone see the Fast and Loud episode where they put a rack and pinion front end assembly under a 1969 F-100 truck? It is supposed to be a direct bolt in with very minor modification.
My guess is that it is from a Crown Vic. I've asked around with no help on this issue.
I posted this here and in the full size truck section.. hoping it might trigger someones memory.

Thanks

ranger_redneck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L HOPING FOR A SWAP SOON
Transmission
Manual
Definately was from a crown vic..
i wanna say like 95? that body style

Twisted_Steel

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 HO
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks!

I'll hit the boneyard with the tape measure

96Indyram

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8, 2.9
Transmission
Manual
Yep a crown Vic.
frame width is exactly the same. the truck frame is not as tall as the vic frame, so a spacer needs to be made to go between the top of the frame and the bottom of the upper mount. Bolts on with just 2 big bolts per side.

Civilian Crown Vics ceased production in 2009. P71 Police Interceptor Crown Vics ceased production in 2011. So, the year models needed for this conversion would be 2003-2009 civilian CV or 2003-2011 P71 PI Crown Vic. Additionally, the Mercury Grand Marquis, Mercury Marauders and Lincoln Town Cars of the same vintage also have the exact same front suspension assemblies.

Bronco638

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
This is a very common mod for older F100 and F150 pick-ups. Visit any of the forum sites, for the older F Series, and you should find quite a few threads on the subject. Sounds pretty easy with a little common sense and moderate mechanical knowledge.

dirtcowboy

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985,1986(2),19
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9, 4.6, 4.0, 6.8, 5.0x4
Transmission
Automatic
WTF happened to Fast n Loud? Gone from building moderately interesting vehicles to some sort of MST3K abortion. Watching videos from the internets??

Bronco638

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I gave up watching after RR started the restaurant and doing (joke) Dodge commercials. I get that it's all about the $$$ but they don't even do cool stuff anymore. Would love to have that late 60s (or early 70s) F100 SWB p-up.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals