• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Just curious

2timerangerfan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Ok So I know it's probably not that uncommon around this site so I'd like to know something.

About a week after I bought my truck some buddies of mine and I were goging to go through the pass from vegas into pahrump, Nv for fireworks. It was at that time that i discovered that I bought the only ext. cab truck on the lot that had no back seats. It wasn't that big a deal back then but now that I have some kids to haul around it'd be nice to have them.

How common are these rear seat deletes? Does anybody else have one? What was the point?

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
They can't be that common. I've never seen one on a Ranger.

My wife's aunt special ordered her Colorado that way because it's just her and the dog. She wanted the space in the back of the cab that her last truck (my old blue S-10) didn't have, but had not use for the seats. It knocked a couple hundred off the price of the truck. It may have been a fleet order truck.

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
All the ex-cab fleet rangers i've seen lack rear seats.

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
rear seat delete was a credit back to a customer, and an option. you saved a few hundred. i remember pricing one out and they asked me that. looks like you grabbed one that the guy didnt want the rear seats. its ok though, you can add them. they are just covered by different panels.

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
I have a very optioned out 06 and I don't have rear seats. Mine is also the 2-door extended cab, which became far less common after 2000 or so.

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
I have a very optioned out 06 and I don't have rear seats. Mine is also the 2-door extended cab, which became far less common after 2000 or so.
Once again the two door ex-cabs still roll off the line in pretty stagering numbers. Every ex-cab fleet ranger i've seen is two door, including my supervisors 2011 4x4

2timerangerfan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
well I'm assuming it was special order of some kind. It's 2 door with the black and grey seats. Then again it might be a dressed up fleet truck cause it has no power anything but they spent some time spraying in a bed liner and they put the nicer looking painted steel wheels. It looked really good when i got it

odley2001

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985 1988 1993
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Manual
my best friend bought a 1993 xl supercab in 93 with no jump seats, it had carpet cloth xlt seat but cargo bins in the back jump seat area, have seen a few but only in xl package the track totally looked like an xlt (had cloth inesrts in the doors) but was an Xl

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I wish mine came with the rear seat delete... you couldn't fit a smurf in those seats.

det107

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
....you couldn't fit a smurf in those seats.
I have the 2 door instead of 4 door.....It's the getting in or getting out from back that's a big chore-

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals