• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Headunit install Help

Mhfco6

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
235/75/15
I have an Alpine Headunit I'm trying to put in my 1991 ranger. I've got the power, ground and 2 front speakers hooked up how the diagram says. I can get the radio to power on but I can't hear anything. Here are the diagrams for the alpine Headunit and the diagram for my ranger. Looking at the Alpine diagram these are the following colors that I DO NOT have hooked up.
PINK/BLACK
VIOLET/BLACK
VIOLET
GREEN
GREEN/BLACK
BLUE
BLUE/WHITE

The thing that stumps me is the ranger harness diagram shows BLACK/WHITE being negative for both front left and right speakers.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

HEADUNIT

RANGER

Last edited:

Mhfco6

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
235/75/15
I got it working. There was an ancient aftermarket radio in the truck already.. Luckily I wrote down the wire colors down before I took the old radio out. I hooked the new radio up using the old wire color diagram that was used before. It works perfect with Headunit set to left speaker 100% and Fader set in the middle between Front and Rear speakers!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals