• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

92 ranger/b2 drivers headlight problem and hibeam indicator

BabyBronco89

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
95' 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
Ok so I swapped in a complete 92 harness out of a ranger in my b2 durning my 4.0 swap

I wAs originally going to use the old 86-88 style switches but after many confusing conficts with a test light and wiring diagrams I opted to suck it up and buy the later multi switch and headlight switch

Once I wired those in I now have another problem

My hi beam indicator is on whenever I pull the headlight switch to headlight mode as soon as I switch to high beams it just gets brighter

Now the most important annoying pArt

With low beams on I'm getting a very dim drivers side lamp, like almost no current. When I switch to high beams it appears they are working fine but you can see that the passenger high beam is brighter then the drivers

I've tried different bulbs, removing and reinstalling the drivers side ground
I'm at a loss, wiring is not my forte at all

And I have other wiring issues to address so I can completely install my dash and trim ect, which is wipers and heater control. But headlights are more important especially with it getting dark at 6pm

Thanks any help is greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
You probably have conflicting issues with your high/low beam relays when switching a harness it gets tricky you will have to run a lot of continuity tests on the wires going in and coming out of your engine compartment fuse relay box I built custom harnesses for years still do from time to time they can be difficult make sure you check not only the wires but also the way their routed through your relays and switch at the steering column hope this helps you out. (Dang ford)!!!!

BabyBronco89

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
95' 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
I guess I didn't make things clear on the wiring I also swapped the entire dash so I now have a complete 92 ranger ext can harness in the b2, where would I find a so called headlight relay??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals