• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

May 2014 Mini Truck Of The Month - XLTsplash

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15

Congratulations to forum member 'XLTsplash', our May 2014 Mini Truck Of The Month owner.

Specs:

According to XLTsplash;

"Hi, I've had my 97 Ranger XLT flareside for a few years and it now has 131K miles on it. It was stock when I bought it [other than some aftermarket orange and silver sport decals ] I've added splash parts as well as aftermarket parts to get my truck looking the way I want it. I fixed a few small dents in the body, I added 93/94 Splash stripes, XLT decals on the rear 1/4s, Crown Victoria body side door molding to the doors. New head lights and tail lights, new door handles and locks, a new Ford windshield with the Ranger logo, black antenna mast with rubber cover, LED day time running lights, tail light louvers, 3rd brake light bezel painted body color, new body color grille, Xenon front air dam and outside handles. Dark blue Ford wheel center emblems, Cooper Cobra tires, Street Scene door mirrors, 2.3L emblem on the tailgate, changed the gray plastic bumper trim to black, installed a bed liner. I've done some clean up and dress up under the hood replaced the yellowed washer bottle and master cylinder, added a under hood light, foil under hood insulation and installed a K&N air intake. Under the truck I've also done some clean up and installed KYB gas shocks, a dynomax cat back exhaust, chrome rear end cover and a matching aluminum wheel for the spare. I installed two inch lowering shackles because the rear of the truck sat too high. Inside the Ranger I installed a new headliner and carpet, NOS Ranger floor mats, a wood dash kit, aluminum gauge bezel, a Autogauge tach, splash decal on the shift indicator block off, aluminum knobs, 1979 XLT Ranger dash emblem, 2000 Ranger XLT door panels without carpet on the bottoms, a Pioneer stereo and speakers, a Ford emblem on the steering wheel and I change all of the gauge and controls back lighting from blue to green. I still have a few changes and improvements to make on the truck I love my Ranger and enjoy fixing it up and driving it. This is a great Ranger site I'm glad i found it. "

To see more photos, click HERE.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals