• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ranger Bedsides stock Fiberglass?

henryj10

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 140cid
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys,

Anybody know if anyone out there sells stock steel, or fiberglass non flair bedsides. All that I can find in fiberglass is 4 inch flair or stepside at best.
Reason I'm asking is my 1996 Reg cab 2wd 6ft bed non lifted Ranger needs a right bedside. Tried car-parts.com for regular steel bedside but I live in Montana state not much here or near here in salvage unless they have more damage then mine does. Tried the various online OEM ford parts catalogs but they want like 500 plus ship for 1 styleside bedside, when you can get a pair of fiberglass for like 500. Bad thing is they only make the fiberglass in flair from what I have seen. I can't even find a parts truck round here. Anything I'm missing in fiberglass besides Glasswork Und., McNeil Racing, FiberwerX, autofab, anymore? Anything I'm missing in stock Ranger steel body parts, Jc whit, partstrain, lmc, ain't got jack. Help out if you can, trying to avoid using body filler on it.

Thanks
Jason

woodyedmiston

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
If you don't have a lot of money - but you have some tools and time. Try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnvcqbAh78g There are several different video's that show you how to take out the most difficult dents. This guy shows how to use a torch or friction to heat up the metal and take out the dents. I just found this recently and found that I can get the metal hot enough using these techniques with a propane torch. Very little body filler in this approach.

I resorted to this after conducting the same search you have done for fiberglass, metal, etc. In a few evenings in the last few weeks I've taken out the damage from a sideswipe that my daughter did - and the caved in bed that my wife caused with her Exploder. Not painted yet - but it will do well. The thickest part of bondo is not more than 1/16 thick or 6" in diameter.

We welcome you to visit Texas where there is a wrecking yard of some sort in every community and if the dog has rust on it, it drove up from the gulf coast and died here.

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
If you wanna make a drive I know where you could get a good stepside bed up here for fairly cheap.

-andrew

henryj10

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 140cid
Transmission
Manual
I can get a stepside where I'm sitting or on the internet, but I need a 6' styleside for my reg cab ranger

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Damn...I read good...lol. You could have mine, then I'd have motivation to build my tube bed, but thats another story...

-andrew

henryj10

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 140cid
Transmission
Manual
How far are you from Missoula, Montana lol? you serious I'm in deseperate need of one!

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Google maps says 470 miles, or a 9.5 hr drive....mines all there, but it aint in the greatest shape if your lookin for show truck material....it's a 4wd, and it's used like one.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals