• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

98 "Red Ranger" stepside

98 red ranger

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hi, new to site. Love the site, Got some good info before buying & good ideas to do to truck. Bought 98 stepside about 2 months ago, first had to buff out paint, really dull. Then got busy w/ pinstriping brush. Put APC headlights w/ HID projector beams, had same lights for ** Mustang & really liked them. Instead of aftermarket parking & tail lights & scuffed them, painted metalic black border & clearcoated. Also replaced chrome grill w/ painted grill.

Attachments

98 red ranger

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I hate black plastic, so I painted morrors & other trim metalic black. Installed clearance lights & sunroof. Installed 67-9 Barracuda flip gas cap on fuel door. Still have to open fuel door, just like looks of flip cap.

Attachments

98 red ranger

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
This truck is kind of a recycling project. The fiberglas bed cover is recycled fron 92 Mitsubichi tuck I used to have. I had to cut 10" out of it & glass back together to get it to fit. Wing is from 71-3 Mach 1 that I recycled off 88 Mustang I had, also off Stang are tires & "T" shifter handle. Wheels & some other parts recyled from 57 T-Bird kit car I never finished. Had to repair cracks in LR bedside. Sanded chrome on bumpers & sanded texture off fron valance & painted orange blending to yellow. Will be painting lower body panels to match bumpers this week.

Attachments

98 red ranger

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
After a good cleaning, the carpet & seats look really good. Did't like all the black plastic, so decided to do some interior painting. I used copper hammer finish textured paint. Added some stripeing to tie into stripeing on outside. Still have some things I want to do to interior.

Attachments

XLTsplash

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals