• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Floor Pan Repair Near Chicagoland Area...

ShiftRacing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 Liter V6
Transmission
Manual
I'm looking for someone to help me replace my floorpan in my 98' Ranger. Problem is, is that they don't make a replacement floor pan for my year truck and all I can think of is to have someone cut out the front driver and passenger portion of the pan and have it replaced with some new sheet metal. Is there anyone in the northern Illinois area that could help me with this? I'm willing to travel a little further and would like some quotes if possible.

Thanks!

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
another option is to find a ranger in the junkyard with good floor pans. any ranger newer than 98 that is the same cab setup as yours will have the same floor pan as yours, so you might get lucky and find one that has been wrecked that is only a few years old and not rotted out. cut out as much of the floor pan as possible on the donor truck and have it trimmed and patched to fix your 98.

AJ

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Have you Googled the pans? Tried Ebay? I see the pans for Rangers up to 97 and then from 98 and on.

Try here at Mill Supply. See what they have. Give them a call.

http://www.rustrepair.com/index.htm

rangerenthiusiast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Have you Googled the pans? Tried Ebay? I see the pans for Rangers up to 97 and then from 98 and on.

Try here at Mill Supply. See what they have. Give them a call.

http://www.rustrepair.com/index.htm
I triple dog-dare anyone to try to find a half or full floor pan for a 1992 Ranger Supercab (not just the front quarter patch panels). I’ve spent 4-5 days searching. No one makes them. NO ONE.

PS - I’d love to have someone prove me oh-so-wrong. But it’s like finding a unicorn in a patch of 4-leaf clovers under a blue moon with naked fairies dancing around. After just a few months of having the truck, I’m almost ready to just get rid of it and take a severe beating on the price. Sucks. :annoyed:

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You mean an entire floor pan in a single piece?

You need to have a '67 Camaro or something to find that. I think for a Ranger just the pan half is the same for reg or super.

rangerenthiusiast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
You mean an entire floor pan in a single piece?

You need to have a '67 Camaro or something to find that. I think for a Ranger just the pan half is the same for reg or super.

Any idea where I could find a pan half, though? I could definitely make that work. Can’t find one anywhere.

det107

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Any idea where I could find a pan half, though?
Harry's in Pennsylvania....Mebbe a clean southern ranger will show up, bring tools, a hacksaw & plenty of blades-

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals