• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Maverick fenders

BigJohn76

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I will be getting a 73 Maverick Grabber from a friend of mine for free. he pissed off his step dad who has the car sitting in his pasture and was going to scrap it. i am saving it from the crusher.

my problem is that it has rust all over it. the front fenders are bad and the back quarters are gone. i know a few people that do good work with sheet metal so im not really worried about the rears, but i cant seem to find reproduction front fenders. i think it would be easier to put new fenders on than try to fix the rusty ones.

does any one know where i can find these?

EDIT: New pics in the post below.

Last edited:

Tiollib

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ebay would seem like the best bet on finding clean used fenders. It's hard to get reproduction parts for unpopular older cars. Finding pieces for a front clip is hard enough for my Ventura.

compaqeo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/1988
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
Transmission
Manual
"Maverick" on here may know as he has one not sure on year or anything

RustedRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
I had one of those,it was baby blue with a 6 cyl. The shock towers was rusted clear around the tops of them so it wouldn't drive straight on the highway. I told people, "if a cop gets behind me,I'm gonna get pulled over". Sure enough within a week I got pulled over lol I then went back to driving my 72 Cougar XR-7 351 4V I had at the time.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I will be getting a 73 Maverick Grabber from a friend of mine for free. he pissed off his step dad who has the car sitting in his pasture and was going to scrap it. i am saving it from the crusher.

my problem is that it has rust all over it. the front fenders are bad and the back quarters are gone. i know a few people that do good work with sheet metal so im not really worried about the rears, but i cant seem to find reproduction front fenders. i think it would be easier to put new fenders on than try to fix the rusty ones.

does any one know where i can find these?

Dude, don't get your hopes up to high. These cars were so notorious for frame rust...hope you got a lot of money to repair the frame and shock towers and fix that hunk of junk up, Bro. It was sitting in a field and out in the open...do the math...go out and find a car that is already together and has no rust...you will be so much happier and better off in your pocket book, Bro!!!

BigJohn76

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Did a google search and didnt find that site. Thanks.

Dude, don't get your hopes up to high. These cars were so notorious for frame rust...hope you got a lot of money to repair the frame and shock towers and fix that hunk of junk up, Bro. It was sitting in a field and out in the open...do the math...go out and find a car that is already together and has no rust...you will be so much happier and better off in your pocket book, Bro!!!
I know where there is a complete shell sitting in a corn crib. all the parts of my car that need to be fixed are fixed on that shell but the guy wants way too much for it. I dont really care too much about the body but the sturctual parts are what concerns me. if it can be made solid and run like a champ i will be happy.

i also have other projects to work on so this one will be added to the list. not too worried about it now but in the future i would like it to done right.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sitting in a field beats the heck out of the annual 2-6 month long salt baths that a daily driven car sees up here.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Sitting in a field beats the heck out of the annual 2-6 month long salt baths that a daily driven car sees up here.
Yea....lol that salt is like acid!!!!! We have property up in Mississippi and three summers ago we were up there to check up on our cabin and the property and one of my uncles said to come to a friends of his that night for dinner about 40 miles away. We had a great time there and I played guitar for everybody and we sang 60's and 70's songs and then after coffee we went out to the guys barn. I noticed the barn had a a/c unit on the outside and I was thinking 'The animals are spoiled here'!!!

Man!!!! There was a 67 Shelby in there up on roll around wheels. The guy bought it from the original owner in 1970. The car only had 2,300 original miles on it. It was white and blue with black interior and Carol Shelby had signed the glass on the gage cluster!! The vin number was number 2 of the produced cars that year. Carol Shelby had #1....what a rare find. The guy only started it up thee times a month and drove it around his property and then put it away. It was sold on Ebay for over $100,000 in 2009 to the high bidder!!! Man....I would loved to have driven that car!!! That just shows you what people have stashed away in their barns!!!

BigJohn76

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Got her home. She's still on the trailer and i took some pictures of the rust. It isn't too bad looking at it but i know it will get worse once i start digging. the guy i got it from wanted to do a drag car so the interior is gutted, should make it easy to build. i have a friend that can do body work and can make it go fast. should be nice when it's done.

Pictures:

Rust:

Build Thread eventually

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It looks pretty solid.

It could also be deceptive because it seems somebody has been all over it with bondo.

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Has some potential!

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
I've always wanted a Maverick. I have envy of you man. If you do a build thread on it, I'm soooo watching it.

BigJohn76

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It looks pretty solid.

It could also be deceptive because it seems somebody has been all over it with bondo.
Ya i think it might have been, but like i said my friend can do body work and we can always weld on some sheet metal.:icon_twisted::icon_welder:

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
I have always liked the style of the Maverick. My garndpa had an excellent condition1971 base trim Maverick. No rust at all. He sold it to his neighbor forbid daughter to use in the mid 90's.

AJ

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals