• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

puddle of water on Floorboard..

HornWr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 1999 Ranger Sport Extended cab 4x4, I bought it used it only has 91,000 miles on it. I have found that when ever it rains or I wash my truck I get a puddle of water in the middle of my drivers side floorboard. The weird thing is that its only wet in a puddle there is no obvious direction from which the water is coming from. It doesnt seem to be coming from behind the pedals its almost like it is coming from underneath.. I havent washed my truck in over 5 months because I dont want my carpet to mold and everytime it rains I have to immediately us my shop vac to get the water out of the carpet. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this or what the problem may be?

thoughtcriminal

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0 (until it breaks anyway)
Transmission
Manual
its most likely coming in from above the rear window. The rubber doesn't seal well on 3rd gen and up rangers. I've seen this on almost every one. Next time it rains, touch the headliner where it meets the rear window. If I'm correct, it will be wet.
Wait till the next dry sunny day and get some silicone caulk (clear or black preferably) and put it outside the cab between the rubber around the window and the body. seal it up well, and the problem should stop

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I have the same problem with mine.

On mine, I took the carpet out and I them then I saw that It was coming from the panel by you left foot. Why I'm not sure, but that is where it's coming from.

I don't see how it could be the rear window seeing as to how he says it is in the middle of the floor board, not the back.

HornWr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thanks, did you get the leak fixed and if so what did you do to fix the problem?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Have a friend hose down different areas of the truck with a garden hose while you are inside, watch where it comes from.

muddin'ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Have a friend hose down different areas of the truck with a garden hose while you are inside, watch where it comes from.

the best advice yet.lol i've had to do this a couple of times for different people.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals