• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Idle drops then surges.

baddmove

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I took it to O'rielly's here in town and they did the code check but could not come up with anything that helped, one guy said EGR valve,another said O2 sensor..this is on my 89 Bronco II, anyone have any ideas? I don't have much cash and this is my work truck..Thanks..

TimR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I took it to O'rielly's here in town and they did the code check but could not come up with anything that helped, one guy said EGR valve,another said O2 sensor..this is on my 89 Bronco II, anyone have any ideas? I don't have much cash and this is my work truck..Thanks..
check all the vacuum lines.

IRKillroy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Semper Fidelis
the IAC.... clean out your Idle Air Control valve... then readjust your idle per the Manual. If it's still happening then you need to look into your TPS for issues. Read the Manual to find out how to test it. After that, with no codes, I'd guess EGR. But those first two are easier then messing with the EGR.

That and what Tim said.

Nathan123

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 Litre
Transmission
Automatic
Could try cleaning the throttle body. +1 on the vacuum lines and IAC. The IAC costs about 70 bucks so hope that cleaning it works. My bii actually had some bad vacuum lines, the ones that come off the manifold and go to a three way plastic disk over by the blower motor.

voodoochylde

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
89's don't have an EGR system, do they?

birddog321

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My 84 did that and it was the coil going bad.

headhunter257

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
had a 87
had a
Make / Model
bronco 2 87
br
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
mine did this my old one and 2 things could have bin the problem 1 was the in take fuel pump witch only had 90xxx km on it and the other one witch happen down the road was the inursha switch the roll over switch for people who cant spell that word aka me was broken it would reset its self over night then cut out on the road then wait 20 and it would be fine that took a lot of money to fix i jut ended up cutting that dam thing out and hot wiring it in and put it back in when i went off roading then flipped my truck 27 feet down a cliff and the dam thing did not shut the truck off,,, laugh

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals