• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

front end alignment

1986b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
are the factory alignment bushings in a 86 B II 4x4 ajustable ? please help asap

sfwjesse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I had an 88 and mine were not.

1986b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
thanks yall i will have to buy new ones and do u know what kind is the cheapest just for my washer lift?

chrwilkins30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've never seen stock adjustable. Got mine from napa in stock for right around 75. they were 3 1/8. good to get the biggest they sell just in case you put a lift later and still have a lot of room for adjustment.

sfwjesse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My 93 dana 35 stock bushings are adjustable, but the old dana 28 I had in my BII was just a straight hole and it was centered in the bushing IIRC. I bought heavy duty 1-2" lifting springs that came with the bushings from JC whitney for $180, or you can just get bushings ordered from NAPA or ebay or something.....ive seen them as low as $35 i think.

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
i used moog k80153 on my 85, i put them in backwards(3.25* postive, 2.75 neg), i was worried about them not adjusting enough so i put them so i could get 3.25* neg, set them all the way neg. that way i can fine tune with my eccentric cam bolts on my drop brackets which were all the way neg. that way i could have some room to play with, and the alignment shop only has to mess with the cam bolts on the pivots

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals