• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Non-power door autio locking???

TexCaliBII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well,
I can finally post a odd question it seems. Didn't seem to fit a specific post area so here goes.

My 87 started "auto" locking the drivers door, not cool when the keys are in it, and it's running, and the wife has already left for work, and you locked the house on your way out..:annoyed: Noticed this a while back but it was intermetint, just thoght the lock was wore out and loose so it fell when the door was shut. Now know it happens when you open the door with the outside handle, and only the outside handle.:icon_confused: Well needless to say I need to look into this, Gotta get some space in the garage first though. Just thought I'd ask see if anyone has delt with this before.:dunno: Thanks in advance for your ideas.

brando-commando

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
i had this same problem with my 87 bronco ii also the problem i had was water was running inside the window into the door and shorting out the door locks what i did was get new windo seals for the doors and then tore the electric door lock circet board out and dried it out with a haor dryer and put it back together and its worked pefectly ever since

TexCaliBII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well,
Guess I should have metntion this truck has manual windows and locks, no power nothing. I always kind wondered how it was an XLT and did not have power locks/windows/exterior tire carrier/wiper/heated glass like I've seen on other XLT level trucks. Anyway I know it has to be something mechanical.

Last edited:

Bronco_Chuck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
84, 86 & 89
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
Cant say i have delt with that myself but my uncles truck does the same thing. Good luck figuring it out.

TexCaliBII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well,
Once I find out what's causing this I'll post it up then as I'm not the only one with this issue.

Little X

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
My pass side door does the same thing. If the door is unlocked and you lift up on the outside handle when you let the handle drop down the lock will go down with it. I'd be interested in seeing what you find.

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
91 Esploder Running Problem

woops, stoner moment

xr75er

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986/1998/1994/
Make / Model
ford/dodge/ford
Engine Size
2.9 stock
Transmission
Automatic
my sons 94 explorer would do this so I changed out the door latch. the drivers side was worn out from use. no more problems.

TexCaliBII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sounds about right. Gotta make an order to LMC for that and an interior handle for my other one, as it decided to grenade into 4 pieces....

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
There is a little dude living inside your door that's messin with you, really man what else could it be?:D

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD

TexCaliBII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
LOL. though I never left any tools in an airplane.

I really thought someone was messing with me when this happened. As I posted I was leaving for work and thought to grab something from the house only to find it locked and truck locked, and running. What I didn’t say was I called the wife and she got out of work to come unlock it and as she drove away I found it locked again!!!!! I spun around looking for the perpetrator then called her again to turn around. Needless to say that was not a calm morning. And I am going to find the little gentleman with the hammer and convince him to cease and desist!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals