• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Codes

77ford

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I've got an 89 bronco II with the 4.0 motor swap in it. I decided to check the codes on it today, the key on engine off test ran fine.

I got a couple of non issue codes, not in neutral and purge canister solenoid failure. However when I try and do the running codes the code reader will not do anything. I get the triangle indicating it is linked to the computer but it will not flash the square and start the code reading cycle.

Any suggestions?

77ford

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Hate to bump my own thread but I still cannot figure this out. I can't find anything on the web about this issue.

Could it be because of the not in neutral? I'll see if I can track those wires down and fool the computer to think it's in neutral for the test.

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hate to bump my own thread but I still cannot figure this out. I can't find anything on the web about this issue.

Could it be because of the not in neutral? I'll see if I can track those wires down and fool the computer to think it's in neutral for the test.
it probably is looking for the transmission, and when it doesnt find one it freaks, just bypass the neutral switch and have fun

TexCaliBII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Does it have the auto or a manual trans? If it was auto and a manual was installed that is indeed what's causing that. Can ignore it as it will not really cause you too many fits but if you know what year the motor came out of you can swap in a computer from a manual equiped truck. Gotta get one for my 88 4.0 swap but right now it's not that a big an issue to me. If it's runngin alright I'd just go as is. Good luck!

77ford

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
The BRII was a manual but the running gear and computer where both automatic. I think the computer and transmission should be he same. However, I doubt they hooked up the wires for the neutral safety switch. I'm going to look for them this weekend.

I think it's running too rich, I was hoping the key on running test might show something.

Thanks for the ideas.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals