• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Straycat's 2012 Jeep JK-8

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Sold my Ranger 2 weeks ago and and bought this at a buddy's dealership in Brandon, Fl. on Aug 6th. Here are some photos of my 2012 JK-8 2 door Wrangler Sport. Smittybilt bumpers and 9,500lb winch with remote. 5.18 gears. My first set of General Grabbers. So far they are really nice on the street. Handled great and it rained hard on the way home..lol. I am still keeping a pickup truck, just that it is a Jeep!!! It just turn 14,000 miles on it. I test drove it three times before I bought it. The tires are brand new. Only like 30 miles on it when I first test drove it the first time. The owner traded it in on a 2014 4 door Jeep. He needed more room for the kids to go off road since they got older. Got a good warranty on it as well. My wife is crazy about it!!!

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What do you need that for? You're some kick-ass super-forces ninja bad-ass. That will just be a burden for you as you traverse the alligator infested swamps of your native territory.

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
Congrats, Straycat!

Still not a fan of the styling, though, from the start when I first saw it at the Houston Auto Show.

Tried a quick Google, but all I'm getting other Wranglers. What axles does it have? 30, 44? I saw it's a manual; does it have a manual t-case as well, or push on the fly?

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Congrats, Straycat!

Still not a fan of the styling, though, from the start when I first saw it at the Houston Auto Show.

Tried a quick Google, but all I'm getting other Wranglers. What axles does it have? 30, 44? I saw it's a manual; does it have a manual t-case as well, or push on the fly?

LOL, Will. I love the alligator infested swamps of Florida!!! This is great for towing my Flats boat out to that 'way out' area I love.

AgPete, the setup is the larger Rubicon axles with 5.18 gears. It has the manual t-case shifter in the console area. I know the style is hard to get used to. The first one I saw was about 3 years back at one of our Outdoor Shows. I have seen a few around here and drove a few as well. I still need a truck bed and this has one. It is a little cramped since it is a not a 4 door. At least I have that bit of an extended cab feel. I would not like it as much without it!!
The little beast has a lot of power to enjoy and haul stuff.
I am giving my niece the 02 Grand Cherokee for collage. I will keep my 06 Wrangler X to have as another fun ride. I do miss my Ranger. So many of my friends can't believe I let it go. I had it for 15 years. I bought it new. But...my buddy wanted it for his sone really bad. They have been trying to buy my Ranger for about 4 years now. I let it got for $6,300 cash. They kept waving money around the garage and asking me to sell it to them.

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
Finally a useful Jeep.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I like them...but they are too cute for me...I tried to test drive a djeep with djon mustard yellow paint and it was djifficult for me to even get into the driver seat...they still look cramped, but if they ever decide to make them big enough for anyone over 6' I would consider one...

Not crazy about the short box either but I'm still thinking utility truck...this is a toy that might do ok on trails...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals