• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My 89 super cab

racer1044

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Finally finished up my lift and axle swap. Specs are 6 inch skyjacker lift up front bastard pack in the rear. Dana 35 up front and ranger 8.8 in the rear. The tires are super swampers 34x9.50 on stock wheels. Engine is stock other then drop in K&N and a thrush welded muffler. But anyways here are some pics.

Future plans are to cut out the rust on the rear of the bed and some small flares. Build a steel bumper and add a winch. Finish using bed liner to help prevent future rust.

cookiemonster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Looks pretty badass!...a set of wheels or spacers and it will be perfect! IMHO

racer1044

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks man. Iv'e been thinking about running small spacers. But I wanted to keep the truck narrow for tight trails around my area. Plus smaller tires are less rotating mass with the 2.9 its pretty gutless.

racer1044

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Went to play on a sand hill. Got stuck...having a blown hub sucks...cant wait for my warns to get here. But the super swamper dig holes really good.

kroussinoffroad

October 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
. But I wanted to keep the truck narrow for tight trails around my area. Plus smaller tires are less rotating mass with the 2.9 its pretty gutless.
for the narrow thing.

I ran a D30 in my last truck for awhile and cut in a trail that i kept super narrow, to the point of rubbing tires on trees with stock whees. i swaped to the fullwidths and amazingly can still make it thru the trail even with offset wheels. the tires rub slightly more but i no longer worry bout taking a mirror off (not that I havent) all in all i fit all the places I did prior and have a much easier time spoting myself out the window. the downsides to going wider have been very minimal but do keep in mind I went from 33s to 37s at the same time so that might have made a huge differance at the same time.

for the rotating mass thing i wouldnt be too concerned bout that as it just gives a reasone to repower with a 4L.

racer1044

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
A SAS with a 44 and 9 inch is def in the future as well as larger tires. I need to get some tube and start the front bumper and tube bed. Possibly and exo cage. As far as more power I have a lead on a 4 cylinder Isuzu diesel that I plan to throw in the truck at some point if the guy will make up his mind and finally decided to sell it.

But we def gotta go out and do some wheeling soon. Im swapping in the new gears within a weak or so and hopefully finding a one piece drive shaft to swap in.

kroussinoffroad

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
hopefully i will have some tube stocked back up here in the near future.

racer1044

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Once race season finishes up im gonna grab the tube bender for hinze and start building the bumper and come up with a winch mount.

racer1044

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
A few new pics painted up the grill fixed some steering issues and got it out wheeling a few times.

Next to my buddys formula 4x4 race bronco.

Doing some measuring for extended radius arms

After finding a little mud

mazdamama

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
thats a nice looking truck, i always thought it would be cool to have a supercab, i like the pizza cutters also, im running the same tires but 37x12.5x15, i like them better than the wider options.

kroussinoffroad

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i perfer the fattie's hahaha...

but in all seriousness i do perfer wider tires. they dont seem to do as well on my heavy explorer as they did on my old mazda but still prefer them.

kroussinoffroad

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
we need to get out wheelin SOON!!!

racer1044

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the comments guys. I got a killer deal on the tires I couldn't pass them up. Bias ply tsl's aren't great for a DD setup but my thought process is skinny tires=less rotating mass=less broken parts..Has worked out so far minus blown stock hubs.

Kroussin we def need to get out wheeling. I got I stuck pretty bad out in forestville a few weekends ago. The truck is at a cross roads right now though. I dunno if I want to dump money at the ttb setup with a regear and fabbing up a set of radius arms or fw 44 and 9 inch. The truck does decent now but with 3.73's im lacking keeping the wheel speed up with the 2.9. Swing by advance auto if you get a chance man want to talk to ya about your setup.

Last edited:

kroussinoffroad

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
TTB can take alot of fabbing, tweaking and tuning with good rewards
SAS is pretty straight forwards with alot of options and good performance offroad.

racer1044

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Started tearing into the truck a few weeks ago. Got a new hood and some fenders. Also picked up some 1/4 plate steel for a bumper. In the next few weeks I will be building extended radius arms using rusty's joints and some .025 dom tubing. Here she sits in her current state.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals