• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1 fault and 1 stored fault

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco ii
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Present trouble fault is code 95. Ive tried to research and see if anyone has had this show up without results. From what the little book tells me its a thermactor code for air diversion only going to the intake. Buuut there is no air pump system on these things. The booklet also said something about fuel. Cant remember, will edit later. Mostle concerned about this fault.

Stored fault is code for low tps voltage. Performed volt test and it checked out ok. .84v at closed throttle. Smooth increase as throttle opens. Ends up around 4.45v at wot. So my best guess is someone has replaced the sensor since the plug is broken on one side.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Code 95 can also mean Fuel pump circuit electrical issue.

Computer also gets fuel pump power, 12volts, on Pin 8 when Fuel pump relay closes to send power to the pump.
95 could mean relay is not closing so no start, or it is staying close, battery goes dead.

What are the symptoms?

Wide open throttle TPS voltage is expected to be above 4.5v
Closed throttle .69 to .99v so thats OK
Were you using your hand to open the throttle manually or using the gas pedal?
If using the gas pedal then it's cable is stretched
Google: Ranger throttle cable mod

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco ii
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hey Ron thanks for the response. as far as drive-ability is concerned it starts up quick every time and its never dead in the morning. only symptom it has is when turn the ac is turned on at idle or at a stoplight. the rpms bounce up and down like its trying to figure out how to idle under the load but it eventually dies every time. there's two other symptoms that are unrelated to how it drives but its bearable.

lol, ive known about that mod for quite a few years now. i was manual opening the throttle body with my hand and watching the meter below me

Last edited:

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
The TPS is slightly adjustable, if you loosen the bolts you can turn it so closed is .99 and the WOT would be above 4.5v

Factory AC sends 12volts to computer when compressor is on, that should cause idle to increase 50-100rpm, that is done by computer opening IAC Valve a bit more.
I would unplug the compressor wires, so compressor doesn't engage fan belt, then start WARM engine
Turn on AC to see if idle it indeed getting bumped up, if it isn't then problem is either, it is not factory AC, or computers pin 41 wire is not getting the 12volts when compressor does.

The hunting idle is because compressor is on, and dragging engine RPMs down, and compressor is often not an even load so RPMs go up and down when that low

Last edited:
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco ii
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
still havnt dug into this further, just been going without ac in the heat. will check.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals