• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Thinking about buying a $300 Jag

whocares

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Maybe he is still on dial up and it took 2 years for his post to load.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
That is an XJ6. The worst car Jaguar ever made until the X-type which was just a Ford Taurus with fancy trim. I would say buy it and part it out but no Jaguar fan buys an XJ6 so you may have a hard time unloading parts.

I think I would just let it stay your friends headache.
good thing you brought up a 2 year old thread to tell the guy to buy that car.....

Louisville86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Those Jaguars are cool cars but maintenance nightmares. My dad had two XJ6s: a '79 (dark blue with beige interior) and an '85 (silver with black interior). They were classy and fun to drive, but expensive to fix. They ride amazingly well, with an outstanding ability to absorb bumps (lots of suspension travel) and remain composed. And the wood and leather inside is just beautiful.

Some very weird engineering on those cars: the rear brake rotors are mounted inboard, next to the differential! There is a reason why they are cheap: your mechanic will get his share if you drive a Jaguar for a while!

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Odd. This showed up on my "new posts" list. I didn't even notice the dates.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
One of my friends dad died a few months ago, left him the house, car and everything. Well he's selling the car, its an '88 Jag, idk what Model. Its got 35,000 MI, inline 6, the interior and body is mint except the left front fender was hit and the bumper is tweaked, looks like someone back into it. Biggest problem is it doesn't run, it cranks, starting fluid doesn't help at all so I'm guessing its ignition related.

You guys think its a deal? I know Jags arnt the best cars and parts would be spendy but If I can get it running I'll do the body work and probably resell it, who know though I could end up pimping it. Worst case I could part it out and junk the rest and try to get my money back, I'm just not sure.

Here's some pics I pulled off Google, this is exactly what it looks like. except for the front end damage

Let's see a picture of the real car. That model Jag is a hunk of junk and that is the worst years for Jags. I spent many years working Jags and I know them inside and out. You are better trying to find somebody to buy parts off it. The electrics are a nightmare and I have seen lots of them burn a family's home down or just a garage due to the electrics shorting out in the middle of the night. If you are getting it for $300 get rid of it fast and don't park it in the garage after you get a new battery for it....the prince of darkness had this model cursed!!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals