• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Photoshop Questions

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey All You Shoppers - Photoshoppers that is . . .

This is now the official Adobe Photoshop "How The Hell Do You Do (insert specifics here) in PS" :icon_confused:

If you are using PS and get stuck or cannot seem to figure out a way to do something, post your questions. This can also be a place for tutorials in PS as they can be just as helpful as an answered question sometimes better.

When posting PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell us what version PS you are working with such as 4. 5.5, 7 CS, CS3 or if you are so lucky CS4. This helps us guide you to the correct tools, the newer versions have shortcuts to certain tasks that the older versions do not.

Some helpful sites:

http://psdtuts.com/tutorials-effects/a-cool-lighting-effect-in-photoshop/

http://psworkshop.net/psworkshop/Category.asp?CatID=6

http://www.photoshopchop.com/home

http://www.good-tutorials.com/ - AWESOME SITE

http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/Photoshop/1 Thanks Mtrhd0024 - more than just PS tutorials

www.pinoy7.com Thanks twinky - this is a Paint Shop Pro Site BTW - not Photoshop

http://www.totaltraining.com/prod/adobe/photoshop.asp - Have to pay for this one - I did 4 yrs ago and look what I am doing now. It did not take me 4 yrs to learn it though, just a month or so to get through all of the DVD's.

You can also GOOGLE "Photoshop Tutorials" and get over 4 Million hits alone.

So there you have it guys and gals - got a Q - hit us up or use one of those links.

:icon_thumby:

Happy Photoshopping - no blue light specials though

Last edited:

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
how do you lift cars on photoshop i would like to try but only thing i can do is lower it
I moved it to this thread where it should go . . .

ANSWER:

It is essentially the same, select the body and the back ground on the ends. Copy it to a new layer (CTRL-J) and then use the move tool to move or nudge (arrows) it upwards. You will have to fill in the wheel wells and use the stamp tool on the background layer to cover areas from original pic where the body used to be. That is about it . . .

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I don't know if this helps anyone, but if you are having trouble getting photoshop there is a free program that has less features, but well.. it's free, and not pirate so it's a good thing. I used it for quite some time before I managed to get a hold of photoshop.

You can find it on the Portal Graphics website, it's called Open Canvas.

http://www.portalgraphics.net/en/

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Another is called GIMP - also free . . .

Please keep in mind - pirate versions of Photoshop or any software is ILLEGAL.

DO NOT ask about it here.

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
does GIMP or Open Canvas have the magnetic lasso tool? I use Paint.net since its free and is very similar to photoshop but the only thing i don't like about it is that it doesn't have the magnetic lasso which makes it kinda difficult.

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
does GIMP or Open Canvas have the magnetic lasso tool? I use Paint.net since its free and is very similar to photoshop but the only thing i don't like about it is that it doesn't have the magnetic lasso which makes it kinda difficult.
Sorry I have never used those programs. I know GIMP is free also and have seen some good works done with it. Sorry I could not help, I did a quick search for GIMP tools and there is no magnetic lasso tool in the description I found.

http://www.nwe.ufl.edu/writing/help/graphics/gimp/tools/

Good luck . . .

twinky

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9 st8 6
Transmission
Automatic
One more Photoshop Tutorial site is www.pinoy7.com its a good site ive used it:D

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks - added to first post . . .

gertsdsbs

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 v6
Transmission
Manual
So how can I color it after I use the pen tool? I traced the bed now I need to color it

v-8power

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Is there any one version of PS that is easier to use for a newbie?
Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So how can I color it after I use the pen tool? I traced the bed now I need to color it
Once you have made a complete selection around the bed using the pen tool, right click near the path and choose "make selection" this will convert the path to the "marching ants" line surrounding your part. Make sure the background or appropriate layer is "active" and then press ctrl (Mac - cmd) + J to make a copy of the active layer on a layer by itself. The original layer will be unaffected. Now you can use that layer to color and play with. Select the new layer if not active and then press ctrl + U to bring up the hue/saturation control box and select "colorize" box. Then play with the three sliders to change your color. You can also change the layer blend modes (drop box at top of layers palette) Many many many options, like adjustment layers which do not alter the base image and allow adjustment at ANY time (click the white/black circle at the bottom of the layers palette to view options).
Good Luck - I hope that helps

Is there any one version of PS that is easier to use for a newbie?
Sorry if this is in the wrong place.
To be honest the newer versions, CS, CS2, CS3, and CS4 are more user friendly than the older versions. The menus and tool options are easier to adjust and work with than before. But the good thing is that there are many many tutorial sites out there that can help you do just about anything from fixing Grandmas torn and stained picture of her as a little girl to lowering/lifting your truck and fully customizing it. Just need to get a legal version (trial or student) and see if it is for you. Also try the free versions before committing to the cost of PS.

Good Luck and come back if you have any other Q's . . .:icon_thumby:

Tom

gertsdsbs

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 v6
Transmission
Manual
Thanks It Was Exactly What I Wanted :yahoo:

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Your welcome - wish to make a small donation to my carpal tunnel injury fund from typing that damn much :icon_rofl:

Stella Richards

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
How do I copy and paste layers from different images?

Hello,

I am working on a web page and want to copy and paste layers between different image documents, but retain the position within the document. Every time I try it pastes in some random position, but I am trying place things exactly so when you go between pages the text and logos remain in the same spot.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I always just dragged and dropped..

Or you could just save the image with only the stuff you want to keep in the same position, then open it and edit it multiple times.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals