• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

03 Power Window Doesn't Work

robotsneedhugs2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Passenger window works fine. I've replaced the window motor and the new one didn't work either. Doesn't even turn.

When I press the button, there's a clicking noise under the dashboard. I took a look at the relay box (is that right?), but the clicking doesn't seem to be coming from there. It seems to be coming from the silver round thing next to it, but I'm not 100% sure.

I took the bottom relay out and the clicking stopped. I switched one of the other relays out and put it in the bottom spot, but the window still didn't work and it still clicked.

Here's some pics of the relay and the words on the front of it.

What else could the problem be? Wiring? The switch? The passenger window works fine from both the driver's side and passenger side.

445feranger

Reaction score
Buy a test light an check for voltage. Start at the motor and work back. Also a faulty ground will make a simple problem seem elusive.

Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

TheRubberDuck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I'm having the same issue with my 2003 Edge. The relay above the clicking one is hot to the touch. At first it was intermittent. Then they just quit working. I have replaced the drivers side switch. And I no longer hear the clicking under the dash. Also, both windows would roll down automatically when pushed from drivers side. I thought only the drivers side was supposed to be auto.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals