• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Fiberglass race body panels for 96 rangers?

445feranger

Reaction score
I have been looking for fiberglass panels and doors for my 96 ranger. It is a street/ strip truck and I can only find off road race panels which are widened and heavy. Does anyone make race weight panels for my truck? Thanks

Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Try this site. A buddy of mine bought something from them about 1 1/2 years ago. Not sure about the year he had.

http://www.usbody.com/

445feranger

Reaction score
I looked at them before, just hoods like most places. There is a lot of 83-88 stuff out there but not much else unless you want bulge fenders for a pre runner. I am hoping to save some weight here or there but glass parts are hard to find.

96Indyram

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8, 2.9
Transmission
Manual
I can't help on the race panels, but on reducing the weight of the truck you can always start drilling holes. Every ounce removed adds up... 16 ounces = 1 pound.
Take your door panels off, and drill holes in the metal sub-structure behind it, but leave enough to still do its job.
this can be done all over the truck.
Actually having a 455 in a sub 3000 pound truck...having extra weight might be a benefit!
I was sitting here reading on doing 429/460 swaps when I came across this thread.
(I have my old 429CJ sitting in my shed...and a old 84 ranger 4x4 with a bad motor (2.8))

445feranger

Reaction score
I am planning on cutting out the core support and installing a Mustang II K member with tubular a frames. Also a glass front bumper and roll pan in the rear. I never thought of cutting the inner doors, I could just cut it and install aluminum panels under the door panels I suppose. I am putting a cage in the truck for safety and support anyhow so I have the integrety of the body covered. Maybe I should go all out and do a firewall and floor also? I want to keep it as stock looking as possible on the outside. I also want to keep the fenderwells and tailgate. I boxed the rear frame by welding a frame from another truck on the inside and mirrored them left to right. I also filled all the holes and built custom crossmembers out of frame sections from a Bronco II welded together for my four link. Along with moving the battery and installing a fuel cell behind the axle where the spare went I should get better transfer. I mostly would like to loose some weight off the front but it is not going to be a simple task with a lack of lightweight body panels.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
My 99 Ranger has a 'glass hood. It is so nice and light weight!!! Try a Google search for Ford Ranger drag race body panels (fenders). I am sure they are out there. I have seen older Rangers at the drag races some years back that had 'glass fenders and tilt front ends, Try JC Whitney and Ebay as well.

445feranger

Reaction score
Yeah most everything is early ranger/ Bronco II. I can get a hood in glass and I found a front bumper but no fenders or doors. It seems strange as you can buy all that for an S10 but no Ranger stuff.

Daamud

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Looking as well.

Subbed for any results.

Last edited:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
It seems the Ranger are just out of date for drag racing. The S10's have always been so popular with the drag racing community. Some Ranger racers use the older front clips and modify them for their racers. USA Body has some early years. I know two guys from Lakeland some time back and they bought stuff from USA Body and got the parts to work on their 80's. Can't hurt to take a peek at the website.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ford+ranger+drag+race+fiberglass+one+piece+front+end&tbm=isch&imgil=ZIt9RbmBSnjrNM%3A%3BSUHfnM9fIZB5EM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.usbody.com%252FPages_Trucks%252F83-Ranger.htm&source=iu&usg=__9srsnsiwBTrMsxfk6sODV89BZEU=&sa=X&ei=WI30U8PuCMmQyASE7oFY&ved=0CB8Q9QEwAA&biw=1524&bih=776#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=ZIt9RbmBSnjrNM%3A;SUHfnM9fIZB5EM;http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usbody.com%2Fimages%2FFFT-67RT.gif;http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usbody.com%2FPages_Trucks%2F83-Ranger.htm;290;195

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Ooops...it is US Body not USA Body.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals