• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Project: Spare Change. My 93 5.0l build

recutright

Ford Technician
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
So a little back story. I once built a 85 ranger 4x4 with a 302 and m5od. I was too excited and in a hurry to do it right and learned a few lessons along the way. unfortunately due to money problems at the time, I had to sell it. been kickin my self in the ass ever since.
fast forward a few years, I happen to come upon a customer with a 93 ranger ex cab. had a few problems that ive fixed before he blew the motor up. since he was tired of putting money into it, he just gave me the truck to scrap it. but it is a decent ranger with a straight body and no rust. so I convinced him to let me keep it free of charge: yahoo:
now I have the beginning of a project again. :headbang:
since then ive been stock piling the things I needed for this build. the 302 came from a 90 f150 that had spun a bearing. I hade a extra 302 crank and rods from a previous 347 customer, so a quick trip to the machine shop and I now had a 10/10 crank and good rods. Rock Auto to the rescue and I had a fresh short block assembled for under $200! :icon_hornsup:
next was the heads. I had a pair of gt40 but once they were cleaned up, I realized they were cracked and pitted, so they went in the scrap pile. the same customer that went with a 347 in their foxbody spent over $700 on his stock e7 heads for new valves, 3 angle valve job, ran it for bout a month before he decided to get aftermarket heads. so I got the e7 heads for free!!:yahoo: a little port work on the exhaust side and bolted them on. intake manifold from summit, carb from another customer at $20. oil pan from craigslist, hei distributor, headman headers, oil filter relocate, and motor swap plates brings my total to around $500 at this point. :icon_hornsup:

recutright

Ford Technician
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
the motor painted and free valve covers my boss had sittin on a shelf.

Attachments

recutright

Ford Technician
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
ok, I really cant figure out to upload pics just yet. ill finish this post once I figure that out.

alpine67

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
That's pretty cool - I like the resourceful way of collecting parts. I'm doing the same thing with my 94 although not as far along as you. Can't wait to see updates.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals