• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Daily Driver/ Desert Toy Build

prerunnerwannabe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Lucky bugger... :annoyed: Naw just kidding:icon_thumby: Good luck!

csampson311

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
hey man i put you up for nom for TOTM but you may need an off road pic, if you could snap one of it in the dirt and post it in the TOTM section that would be sweet. I think your truck deserves it but idk how Zman is if it's not a pic of it off road.
Wow thanks man! I am honored :) especially because slacking in this build compared to the other guys on here.
I will definitely go post some pictures.

These are some older ones from a small trail by my house. I was going to take some more pics this morning at this spot with little dirt jumps buuuut the cops closed it :annoyed: I'll get better ones soon though :)

Sent while not paying attention in class.

low~n~blue

February 2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
you deserve it man! truck looks so good! it was exactly what i was going to do to my truck and right when I went to do the lift the trans went. But the wheels and tires were exactly what i wanted and everything! very kool truck! plus i love the fellow reg. cabs!!!

nooch450

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
Hey nice going on your truck... Im starting to think maybe I put my Build Thread in the wrong spot (I put mine in 4x4 Suspentions)

You can check out the link im my signiture.

Check out my front end, if your trying to get alot of travel, which is what im going for. you prob going to need to do some of the things im currently working on... Cut the passenger beam axle window, grind down the yoke on the front U-Joint for clearence, and cut the front passenger side axle shaft down so it can slip into the yoke more. And of coure extended radius arms.

Dont know if youll need to do all of this, all of the trucks seem a bit differnet. Also depends on how much travel your looking for.

Im planning on using FOA shocks also, 2.5's. Coil-overs in the front and remote res. is the rear.

Anyway good luck with your truck!

BTW do you knopw what size tires your running on what size rims? And the Rim backspacing? It looks like you could fully tuck 35"x12.5"x15"s on 15x10 rims with 3.75 inches of backspacing under those flares! (your track width is lookin a but thin how it sits now, that is in comparrison to the flares you have)

Last edited:

csampson311

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the 4x4 info nooch. I was looking at your build before and I like what you got going on.
Right now my 4x4 isn't all together though. :(
As far as wheels I'm running 31" tires on 15" rims.

csampson311

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
wow that bumper sticks out farther than hell from your grill. new bumper ASAP!
Haha it does stick out a good amount but its what I like. It gives it some beefiness especially since the tube is pretty damn big too.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Hey nice going on your truck... )
^^^ Agreed. To add to the advise, look at the radius arm bolt inside the beam, I had to trim it down ~1/2" to clear the shaft now that there was more travel.

Richard

doyouquaxu

Reaction score
Haha it does stick out a good amount but its what I like. It gives it some beefiness especially since the tube is pretty damn big too.

i'm going to disagree. the longer the tubes off the bumper, the easier it is to bend them when you stuff the front end into something. scrap it, use it as a learning experience, and make one with more function so you don't end up with your sick lights smashed into your gnar grill. not to mention it messes up your approach angle

Last edited:

nooch450

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the 4x4 info nooch. I was looking at your build before and I like what you got going on.
Right now my 4x4 isn't all together though. :(
As far as wheels I'm running 31" tires on 15" rims.

Id get bigger tires for sure... And get your 4x4 together!

jesse93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
truck looks good. i really need to get my build pics up, i just finished me rear on my 93 4x4..next comes to front end!! prerunner in florida, i get alot of funny looks..lol

will you clear 33s?

csampson311

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys... Its been a while since I've updated my truck mostly because I haven't had time. I've been going through a lot of chit in the past month and have actually reconsidered going straight to college. This fall I'll be going into the US Navy so that's pretty much what I've been up to.
As far as updates for my truck I got the 31s BFG mudders for my birthday. I got to test them out the other day and had a lot of fun. This weekend I'm going to try and get my front driveshaft back in so I can really play in the mud.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals