• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

hi, dead clutch from GA

Nico

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Hi, I'm Nico from GA and I'm going to swap my clutch, flywheel, and slave cylinder out on my 92 ranger 2.3 with no previous experience. I have the tools and have watched plenty of videos and have a pretty good idea, but if you can lend any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. If not, no worries. I've been browsing this forum for a while. I traded my 00 Land Rover D2 with a blown head gasket for my Ranger and it was the greatest decision I've made in a long time.. I can actually do most of the work myself now, and parts are actually affordable. Plus it's a 5 speed and it's loads of fun to drive. Well anyways hope everyone's having good luck in all their mechanical adventures. Cheerz.

black_demon69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Hi, I'm Nico from GA and I'm going to swap my clutch, flywheel, and slave cylinder out on my 92 ranger 2.3 with no previous experience. I have the tools and have watched plenty of videos and have a pretty good idea, but if you can lend any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. If not, no worries. I've been browsing this forum for a while. I traded my 00 Land Rover D2 with a blown head gasket for my Ranger and it was the greatest decision I've made in a long time.. I can actually do most of the work myself now, and parts are actually affordable. Plus it's a 5 speed and it's loads of fun to drive. Well anyways hope everyone's having good luck in all their mechanical adventures. Cheerz.

1 get a helper transmissions are heavy
2 while you are there do rear main seal and speedy sleeve the crank
3 take your time and line up the clutch plate
4 replace the pilot bearing
5 2 jacks DO come in handy in your fight against GRAVITY
6 change trans fluid in transmission
7 above all use your head and be SAFE

Mightyfordranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3in
My credo
Clean your room before you criticise the world.
Blocks of wood are helpful as well

Decent amount of extension and a couple knuckles don't hurt

And if you have to bleed the clutch out on it just pm me cause I don't have the time to write it out right now I fought mine countless times I carried a wrench and a bottle of brake fluid everywhere

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals