• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Pinout help please

slammed96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic

Can somebody please help me with translating this. I just need to figure out which of these runs the 02 sensors. Don't have the motor to trans harness for my truck and haven't been able to find one anywhere. I have a harness with all the plugs I need but they aren't the right main plugs to meet the engine harness I have. Truck is a 96 any help would be appreciated. Zach

slammed96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Also if anyone has a complete list of what all the pins do that'd be even better so I could get my neutral safety switch, speedometer etc hooked up thanks again

cvar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
See http://imgur.com/a/QT5n2
Look (about halfway down) for both of these:
http://i.imgur.com/JtR3u7X.png "1997 Electrical Engine Controls Wiring (4 of 4)" for wiring schematic, and
http://i.imgur.com/btNEkZ5.png "1997 Electrical Power Distribution Wiring (3 of 3)".

These schematics don't show connector C124 pinouts, except they do identify which wire (ie, each circuit #) will go between what devices (eg, PCM to each Heated O2 Sensor). Each circuit has a unique ID number. Hope it helps?

Last edited:

slammed96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the input but I don't know if that's telling what I need to know. I checked the numbers on the schematic next to heated oxygen sensor 1 and 2 and they're not even on that pinout.

cvar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Well, there's your answer! NONE of the C124 pins go to the O2 sensors.

In fact, the engine schematic confirms that your O2 sensor circuits go to the PCM, and NOT via C124. In fact, C124 sits behind the A/C compressor, inline. So, why are you looking at C124, at all? It's irrelevant for O2 sensors.

If you really want O2 sensors, then you probably need to look at the C111 pinout instead, since many PCM circuits go through C111. The C111 is a biggie, located on the firewall, near the A/C evaporator.

You might search ebay.com for "ford ranger 1996 EVTM" cuz it's a very handy book. For $25, it's worth its weight in gold.

Last edited:

slammed96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks buddy for all the help. But those 2 plugs mate to the transmission harness which has the factory 02 connectors on it. I think I'm gonna have better luck trying to find a harness than figure this out.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals