• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1989 Honda Accord LXI

Brownie Mobile

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
im going to trade my b2 for one of these i think How many miles do they generally go to? What are some common prroblems? Have you ever had any experience with these before? its a 5 speed manual not sure what motor it has new clutch 235k on it. What do you guys think?

chrwilkins30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've seen a few with over 350k. Check for rust issue in the rear and whole back half. Seen a couple bad ones with the older body styles.

kaytbugsdad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 turbo
Transmission
Manual
I owned one for many years, one of the best cars I ever owned!!!! Couldn't kill it, motor finally wore out at about 300k, found one of those japanese replacement motors, replaced the clutch and the driveshafts, and drove it another 75k before I sold it to my brother.......

hondaxr650

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I bought an '87 last year that has 208,000 on it now and I absolutely love it. Those old Hondas run forever. 235k is nothing.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals