• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Army ranger

Petemoss

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic

Sent from my SM-G530R4 using Tapatalk

ford4thot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic

Petemoss

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I had started a build thread on this truck about a year ago never really had time to update, so now that its done I will start a new thread. Here are the specs on it.
The truck is a 1993 with a 1997 4.0. I had to swap the intakes and exhaust manifolds for this to work. The transmission is an m5od backed by a d&d doubler with both of them being 1354 manual shift. The rear case has been clocked for ground clearance.
Rear axle is an 8.8 with 4.56 gears and a Lincoln locker. For lift it has chevy 63's and belltech shackles. The factory lift block is not being used. Shocks are 12" bilsteins.
Front axle is the dana 35 with 4.56 gears and a lockright. setting on about 3.5" of lift. It had 6" brackets at first so i had to drill new holes in them and do a little welding. Coil springs are 6" skyjacker jeep springs with 240ppi. Coil buckets have been raised 2.5" and has f250 towers welded to them. For radius arms im running 15" over hiemed arms. For steering I am using the superrunner setup. New spicer wheel bearings and adjustable caster/camber bushings have been installed.
Tires are 35 12.5 mtrk setting on 15x8 pro comp rock crawler wheels.
Things left to finish are doubler crossmember, upper coil spring retainer and an alignment.

Petemoss

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I had started a build thread on this truck about a year ago never really had time to update, so now that its done I will start a new thread. Here are the specs on it.
The truck is a 1993 with a 1997 4.0. I had to swap the intakes and exhaust manifolds for this to work. The transmission is an m5od backed by a d&d doubler with both of them being 1354 manual shift. The rear case has been clocked for ground clearance.
Rear axle is an 8.8 with 4.56 gears and a Lincoln locker. For lift it has chevy 63's and belltech shackles. The factory lift block is not being used. Shocks are 12" bilsteins.
Front axle is the dana 35 with 4.56 gears and a lockright. setting on about 3.5" of lift. It had 6" brackets at first so i had to drill new holes in them and do a little welding. Coil springs are 6" skyjacker jeep springs with 240ppi. Coil buckets have been raised 2.5" and has f250 towers welded to them. For radius arms im running 15" over hiemed arms. For steering I am using the superrunner setup. New spicer wheel bearings and adjustable caster/camber bushings have been installed.
Tires are 35 12.5 mtrk setting on 15x8 pro comp rock crawler wheels.
Things left to finish are doubler crossmember, upper coil spring retainer and an alignment.

Petemoss

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic

Petemoss

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic

Petemoss

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I finished the doubler crossmember along with the upper coil spring retainer. Also did a quick alignment to bring to the neighbors 4th of july rally race. It did great on the straight fire roads, soaked up the bumps pretty good. Didn't really have time for pics.

Petemoss

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Here is a few pics i took of the build

Petemoss

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Here is my crossmember for the trans. It uses a factory mount. I made it so it nothing hangs below the frame. I might have to clearence a little for my front shaft.

Ehranger07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
This is awesome man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Petemoss

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks man, i have been working on it for abour a year and a half. My next plan is to shorten the bed as much as i can.

Petemoss

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I dont have any recent updates, but i will post some pics of my other project.

Petemoss

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
My new front driveshaft came in today. It was lengthened for the doubler and completely rebuilt. I got a great deal on both that i couldnt pass up. Also a couple poser flex pics.

Petemoss

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic

Divh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
how do the coils ride you have sway bar or no sway bar

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals