• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

It's official.... My book has been published...

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Well... I had always thought about being published someday...

I just never quite expected it to be a book of poetry. Actually, that was about the last thing I ever expected to publish. But here we are. I hit a period where I wrote a bunch of poetry (still not sure how that happened, lol), and now it has become my first book to be published. Of course, it's in E-book form. For now at least.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FYEU4EY

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Congratulations~~~!@@@@~

Hope that turns into $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for you...or, at least, notoriety...maybe a No Bell Pizza Prize for Literature...:icon_thumby:

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yes, Congratulations..........Author :)

:icon_thumby:

Walt Whitman
Robert Frost
Byron, Shelly, Keats and now.....lil_Blue_Ford

Last edited:

cvar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Excellent! Congrats Jonathon. I see your sweetie & Ranger both figure prominently. :)

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Indeed, congrats,

Richard

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Congratulations~~~!@@@@~

Hope that turns into $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for you...or, at least, notoriety...maybe a No Bell Pizza Prize for Literature...:icon_thumby:
MMM.... pizza....:icon_cheers:

Yes, Congratulations..........Author :)

Walt Whitman
Robert Frost
Byron, Shelly, Keats and now.....lil_Blue_Ford
I've often likened my poetry to Robert Frost... on a bad day.

Excellent! Congrats Jonathon. I see your sweetie & Ranger both figure prominently. :)
:icon_rofl: Considering I'm single and my Ranger has the whole front end tore apart and the frame needs straightened...

Indeed, congrats,

Richard

Awesome! Congrats! I hope it does well for you.
Thanks! I don't expect to get rich off it, but I'll be happy if I can make enough to fund making more books. I have a few books that I'm working on right now that don't really cost me anything to put together other than my time but eventually I'd like to produce a few photography books and if I can make enough by selling books to fund it as a hobby, I'm not going to complain.

Of course, it would be nice to make some real money selling books...

So far though, I haven't seen a single sale. :sad:

bocefas

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
There I just bought it...I hope I brightened your day!

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
For those who don't know, there are apps to read Kindle E-books on the Ipad, Iphone and on a regular computer....

Just tossing it out there for anyone disappointed that the book is not in print form. If I can sell enough of the E-book, I may consider trying to offer it in print. E-book is just a cheaper way to get started, print form gets expensive in a hurry.

Dune Runner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999 4.0
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Good for you. My Sister is a published novelist. It's not easy to get started that's for sure.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
my Ranger has the whole front end tore apart and the frame needs straightened...
Did the bottle not break on the bow of that poor thing or what? :icon_confused:

I remember when you first joined and your truck was either new or nearly new it seemed like it spent more time in the bodyshop than it did on the road do to multiple freaky circumstances.

Congrats on your book though. :icon_thumby:

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Did the bottle not break on the bow of that poor thing or what? :icon_confused:

I remember when you first joined and your truck was either new or nearly new it seemed like it spent more time in the bodyshop than it did on the road do to multiple freaky circumstances.

Congrats on your book though. :icon_thumby:
I think it might have been possessed or something.

Of course, I did have a serious bout with stupidity just about every time I got near the poor thing. Between that and freaky circumstances...

And yes, I did get the poor truck new. Had 112 miles on the odometer when the keys and payment book were handed over to me. IIRC, the first year I had it went fine, then it started downhill. A few oddball brake malfunctions, a few driver error malfunctions and a freak hailstorm beat it up a good bit. I was doing fine for awhile though, no mishaps until a freak thunderstorm rolled through one summer day, one second I'm cruising with the windows down the next minute there is water ponding on the road. I started catching hail and was looking for a place to hide the truck under a canopy or bridge but everyone else had the same idea. So against my better judgment, I decided to continue on sloshing through the over 6" of water on the road and watching my battery gauge and light flickering. Truck did well until I went to stop.... well, a new mini-cooper stopped me anyway. No frame damage and no airbag deployment.

I had just got it fixed when I committed another user-error malfunction. The family dog of 13+ years had a stroke that left him mostly paralized and we had to put him down. I got to go with mom when they put him down and got to bury him when we got back. I was running late for a college class and decided to hurry up. I was doing fine till I hit a patch of black ice doing about 75 mph. Almost had control and then went through a couple yards, took out about 20' of split rail fence, three mailboxes and finally stopped when I took a pine tree to the grill. The airbags went off about 25 seconds AFTER the truck was completely stopped. I didn't make it to class.

It was two full years after that before I spent more time behind the wheel of a vehicle than I absolutely had to. Still have had some strange circumstances but so far I've only popped a bead on a tire and blasted a deer doing 50 mph.

Thanks for the congrats on the book. I've been working on getting some other stuff finished up so I can publish it too. I was trying to get some photos scanned in for the one this morning but my scanner decided it was on strike.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
So rumors have started getting back to me that many people who know me to some degree or other are refusing to believe that I actually published a book of poetry.

My response has been "It's not lovey-dovey poetry, it's like Robert Frost on a bad day."

Very little rhymes. Very little is any sort of light-hearted. It's mostly dark. Harsh. If you read it you'll probably worry about my sanity. You may even worry that I could be suicidal.

But I enjoy living so there is no need to fear for me. It's what came to me to put on paper. And I've been working on it since 2003.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Congrats Man! If you don't mind me asking, what does it cost to publish through Amazon? I assume they get a cut of each sale? The reason I ask is my Wife is thinking of doing some writing.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals